Paid Marketing Intern-virtualCompany Confidential
Marketing / Sales / Advertising InternshipOcatasi
Marketing InternSenvion Group
Marketing InternDriven Vision
Marketing InternNu Republic
Internet MarketingGFCIB and Advisers, LLC
Internship in Women's Fashion AccessoriesAsian Eye Ltd
*Advanced Content Marketing Internship - Mobile StartupPreApps.com
Marketing and Development InternBookmark This
Special Olympics PA
2570 Blvd. of the Generals, Ste. 124
Posted: September 30 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSpecial Olympics Pennsylvania provides year-round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults (age 8-80) with intellectual disabilities. All training and competition opportunities are provided free of charge to athletes, enabling everyone to experience the benefits of Special Olympics that extend well beyond the playing field. The athletes of Special Olympics -- nearly 20,000 strong in Pennsylvania -- are constant reminders of all that is right with the human spirit. Pennsylvania is the 7th largest program and one of the strongest Special Olympics programs in the United States. For more information about how SOPA inspires greatness, visit www.specialolympicspa.org.
The Marketing and Development Intern will assist both the Special Events and Marketing Communications Managers in the implementation of various marketing strategies for Special Olympics Pennsylvania. The right individual is self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and exhibits pro-active communication. This position requires 15 hours per week including some weekends and evenings. Expenses are covered/reimbursed during travel related events (i.e. food, housing.
Benefits of this internship include:
• Event Exposure
• Involvement with an international sports organization
• Experience in the Non-Profit sector
• Experience gained in solicitations for donations of services and products
Ability to work remotely (can work from home from time to time.)
• Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing and fundraising campaigns through social media, videos and communications. Campaigns include Polar Plunges, Competitions, Special Events, daily posts.
• Assist in the writing and distribution of press releases and media alerts to state-wide media sources and provide support for follow-up. Research and identify potential PR opportunities.
• Attend various fundraising and competition events to gather photos and videos, and engage in day-of event social awareness.
• Collaborate with internal departments on projects, assignments, and events
• Assist in creation of a variety of marketing materials to meet a range of needs including promotional event pieces, marketing decks, etc.
• Determine ways in which SOPA can utilize social media sites to monetize fan base and raise money for upcoming events.
• Prospect and develop a number of contact databases for participant, volunteer and sponsor recruitment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point (Publisher helpful)
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Graphic Design, and video editing is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of team in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic understanding of photo editing and social media.
• Availability to take photographs/videos on-site (Norristown office) or at special events with prior given notice.
• Possess a positive attitude
• Exhibits personal qualities such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred - Adobe Acrobat, Photo Editing, Social Media Advertising, Adobe Illustrator, Graphic Design