Marketing InternMacksimum photography
Social Media MarketerPearl Fincher Museum of Fine Arts
Marketing InternAsteres Inc
Digital Marketing InternCaldera Labs
Marketing & Social Media InternJaguaring, Inc.
Marketing/Media Sales InternMW Media LLC
Distribution sales and marketing internTRANSPORT PACKAGING SOLUTIONS
MARKETING AND EVENTS ASSISTANTBookmark This
405 Shawmut Avenue
Posted: February 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEstablished in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers individuals through education, workforce development, and arts programs and creates vibrant affordable housing communities.
Responsibilities• Marketing communications and documentation.
• Events planning (concerts, Villa Victoria Center for the Arts rental opportunities, LA GALERÍA exhibits, IBA’s general events, performances and programming).
• Research of Marketing, Media and Events.
• Maintains Media contacts spreadsheet.
• Updates contact information in the mailing list/ mailchimp.
• Supports with the everyday projects assigned by the Marketing & Events Manager.
• Prepares press releases and other media coordination.
• Conducts outreach including posting fliers, e-mail blasts, and direct mailing, as well as research on ways to further IBA’s visibility.
• Coordinates with Digital Media Content Developer to gather all information that will be used in Social Media, Blog and website.
• Assists in IBA’s web presence of IBA’s Marketing Strategies.
• Maintains IBA’s website calendar, announcements, among other requests.
• Prepares mailings, returns phone calls, and organizes Marketing & Events files
Requirements• Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or related field
• Organizing and leadership kills, outstanding listening skills.
• Must be able to function effectively and meet deadlines in a multi- task and fast paced environment, with an ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse multi-cultural population.
• Knowledge of or significant interest in Latino cultures a must.
• Candidate must be capable of creative, persuasive, and passionate written and oral communication, and have strong working knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Office and preferable in Adobe and Word Press.
• Bilingual (English & Spanish); Spanish preferred but not a requirement.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to use your initiative and work in a team
• Excellent writing skills