Digital Marketing Intern (remote)LPB Media
Marketing InternKong Digital
Marketing & Communications InternSan Francisco Wholesale Produce Market
TAX PREPARER/ADMIN ASSISTNurepublic
Marketing InternshipNamdar Realty Group
Social Media Marketing InternshipAdMix Social
Brand AmbassadorThe AroundCampus Group
Marketing & Development Coordinator - Spring 17Project Footsteps, Inc
Marketing and PR InternBookmark This
Museum of Discovery & Science
401 SW 2nd Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted: December 11 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTo assist in the preparation and implementation of all aspects of marketing
and public relations for the Museum of Discovery and Science.
• Media Relations. Assist with communication to news media: radio, television, print, magazines, Sunday supplements, calendar listings, freelance writers, and trade publications with the intent of getting them to publish or broadcast news and features about the Museum.
• Event Coordination. Assists with coordination of press conferences and launch activities for programs, special events, exhibits and/or films.
• Public Relations: Write stories regarding museum programs, special events, exhibits and/or films.
• Identify and assist in coordination of sales promotion opportunities for the Museum’s various products through on-site and off-site promotions at festivals, malls, expos, and corporations.
• Support the group sales department by helping to promote and nurture relationships with groups i.e. seniors, parks and recreation centers, scouts, etc.
• Work with front line staff to implement promotions (memberships, up-selling, etc.) and ensure optimal customer service.
• Assist with the preparation and distribution of sales promotion collateral, including brochures, flyers, posters, rack cards, etc.
• Assists with market research such as surveys and data gathering and analysis.
• Social Media. Work with team members to ensure social media tools are kept up to date. Help coordinate social media campaigns, promotions and day-to-day activities. Help manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other similar community channels, posting on relevant blog posts, and seeding content in social applications.
• At least 2 years toward Undergraduate in Communications/Journalism/Marketing/Public Relations.
• The ability to work a minimum of 14 hours a week over the semester
• Proficiency in MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), desktop publishing, internet, and database are required
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and proof reading skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/work assignments as part of a team
• Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios. Knowledge of blogging ecosystem.
• Provide event support, may include evening and weekend events