Social Media & Community Management InternPerspicuous Media Corporation
Digital Marketing Internship (3 months)Motion Global Limited
Digital Marketing TraineeMotion Global Limited
Marketing ExecutiveVOUS LLC
Marketing InternshipClean the World
Marketing/PR/Communications InternshipUniversal Student Fund
Online Exclusive Luxury Jewelry Marketing InternshipDuke & Duchess Jewelers
Marketing ExecutiveVOUS LLC
Marketing and SalesBookmark This
310 Congress Avenue
Posted: July 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionManuel’s restaurants and Changos Taquerias are among Austin’s most respected restaurants. Our reputation of quality, consistency, and service set us apart in a very competitive industry. During our 30 years in business, we have served many generations of repeat customers.
The Marketing and Sales Intern will assist in soliciting sales, maintaining and growing existing sales programs, implementing marketing strategies, assisting with customer events, advertising, and other demand generation vehicles. This position is responsible for assisting in the coordination of marketing, party and event sales, and public relations efforts of the restaurants. The purpose of this position is to give a better understanding of how to grow sales, create brand awareness, and maintaining customer satisfaction at Manuel’s restaurants and Changos Taquerias.
ResponsibilitiesNew Business Development:
• Assist Marketing and Sales Coordinator on follow ups for group parties of 25 or more, writing party agreements, closing sales, overseeing party details, and managing customer relationship.
• Assist in maintaining and growing Manuel’s Hotel Referral Program
• Represent Manuel’s and Changos professionally at community, charity, and networking events
• Develop and maintain contact with all notable businesses within a five-mile radius of each restaurant, the top 50
companies in Austin, the Convention and Visitors bureau, and other key contacts to actively pursue and solicit group and corporate events
• Maintain a contact management software database of contacts
• Learn the market and be involved in knowing and assessing competition
• Develop marketing strategies, campaigns, and promotions which deliver strong messaging, content, demand, and a measurable return
• Media & Public Relations – work with PR & Social Media firms
• Assist with creating content for all print collateral, e-mail blasts, and advertising, ensuring effective impact, brand adherence, alignment, and consistency.
• Collaborate with graphics agency, creative services, and local marketing and media groups to develop external communications, ad campaigns, in-restaurant materials, and marketing programs
• Assist in securing a strong position for Manuel’s and Changos in the “Chronicle Readers Poll” and other local and national media
• Assist with Year End marketing report
• Assume responsibility for setting the standard of excellence and positioning Manuel’s and Changos as market leaders.
RequirementsCollege student with 30+ hour of coursework completed, preferably students majoring in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, or related fields of study and:
• Appropriate business attire
• Able to interact professionally and effectively in a highly visible position
• Excellent oral and written skills, Bi- lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Effective working alone, or in a team.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Able to make decisions.
• Able to follow action plans to achieve company goals
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of marketing mediums and principles
• Ability to prioritize, manage, and follow through on multiple projects