Marketing & CommunicationsBookmark This
St. Louis County Parks & Recreation
#20 Hancock Avenue
St Louis, MO
Posted: September 17 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 1950, the Saint Louis County Department of Parks and Recreation includes more than 12,500 acres of green space, recreation centers, trails, water ways, playgrounds and a variety of other amenities for our community to enjoy.
Our mission is to provide high quality parks, facilities and recreation services that enhance residents’ lives through
responsible and effective management of resources.
For more information, please visit www.stlouisco.com/parks.
The Saint Louis County Parks Department seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing and communications
efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing. This position also provides the opportunity to gain experience in other areas such as special events, outdoor recreation, preservation and a variety of other fields.
Please fill out an application located on our website at www.stlouisco.com/parks. Applications (along with your resume
and cover letter specifying the Marketing & Communications internship) should be returned to the Volunteer Coordinator,
Sue Bell at:
Affton Community Center
9801 Mackenzie Road
St. Louis, MO 63123
(314) 615-8865 phone
(314) 615-8821 fax
Responsibilities• Assist in maintaining the Department’s social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube
• Assist in the promotion of Department events
• Conduct interviews, draft and distribute press releases
• Design flyers and other marketing materials
• Write copy for the Saint Louis County website and various publications such as newsletters and brochures
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and tools for marketing and communications
RequirementsCompleted or working toward a college degree (junior level or above). Degree in a related field such as English,
Marketing, Journalism, Advertising or Public Relations is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A high level of proficiency with computers including programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Photography skills, including editing are a plus
• Experience with InDesign and/or Photoshop is a plus
• Interest in learning new programs, new media and emerging technologies
• Minimum requirement of 200 hours and the completion of a special project
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Social Media, Article Writing
Preferred - Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Amateur Photographer, AP style writing