(Digital Street Team Lead) - National Recording ArtistLos Angeles Talent LLC
Marketing InternCatStone NYC
Marketing InternCatStone NYC
Social Media & Community Management InternJohanna Cabral
Marketing ExecutiveVOUS LLC
Digital Marketing InternVendng Machine Corp.
Entry Level Sales & Marketing Paid Internships -- Start Now or Next SemesterMarketing Consultants of Orlando
Paid Part Time Social Media Marketing/Public RelationsPEEKaMEET
Marketing & Communications InternBookmark This
San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market
2095 Jerrold Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: October 20 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout the San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market
The San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market (SFWPM or “Market”), located in the Bayview Hunters Point community, is one of the largest, multi-tenanted produce wholesale and distribution facility in the US. The Market spans over 20 acres, including 485,000 square feet of warehouse and logistics space. The Market provides critical food infrastructure and services to wholesale and distribution businesses that store, aggregate, and distribute fresh produce to businesses across the Bay Area.
The San Francisco Market Corporation is the governing body of the Market. The mission of the San Francisco Market Corporation is to link the produce and food communities of SF and beyond, through the successful operation and development of the San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market.
The vision of the San Francisco Market Corporation is to make the San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market a vibrant, thriving and sustainable food center.
It is an exciting time at the Market; we have embarked on a multi-year Reinvestment Project to upgrade and expand our facility. The first phase of the Reinvestment Project included the transition of the Market to a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and the construction of an 82,000 sq ft LEED-Gold warehouse. As we are investing and planning for the future of the Market, we continue to focus our efforts on increasing the impact of our programs, which include: local job generation, support for local farmers and growers, and maximizing food recovery opportunities.
The San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic individual who will help grow the company’s marketing efforts and assist in key communication efforts. Furthermore, this individual will play a critical role on the Marketing Committee, which is a volunteer group of marketing experts who meet regularly to help define and implement the Market’s marketing plan.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with writing, digitally savvy (keen to engage regularly with our social media channels), extremely organized, thoughtful, shows attention to detail, is highly enthusiastic and can work both independently and collaboratively.
• Create and write the content of marketing and communication materials including monthly newsletters, social media posts, and website content
• Create and execute a strategy for our social media channels
• Conduct market research as requested; analyze collected information, develop reports and recommendations summarizing marketing campaign effectiveness through analytics
• Provide administrative support to the Marketing Committee as needed
• Be creative and don’t be afraid to bring fresh ideas to the table
RequirementsRequest for Candidates:
The SFWPM is looking for an undergraduate- or graduate-level student with coursework or a degree focused on marketing or communications. Including the following characteristics:
• Must have strong writing skills and experience in creating and editing marketing materials
• Must have strong communication/people skills
• Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment with multiple projects
• Have a strong interest in food and/or agriculture related areas, and is keenly interested in a strategic focused internship
• Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic; good sense of humor appreciated
A stipend or hourly compensation is available, or the internship could be completed as part of a class project or for academic credit. (We are glad to provide required documentation for credit, if needed.)
We anticipate that the internship will require 8-10 hrs / week – some of which would include early morning meetings (8am). Interns are assigned a fixed regular schedule based on their available hours. Flexible scheduling is available.