Marketing InternWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
Sales Executive Assistant |InternshipAaron's, Inc.
Amazon Marketplace Coordinator – San Diego ONLYUltima Car Care Products
Fast Fashion – Graphic Designer & CopywriterSelfie Leslie
Marketing InternshipChicago Fringe Festival
Influencer Marketing InternshipStylehaul
Marketing & Communications InternshipBookmark This
Firm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
Posted: August 23 2016
Company Location: Charlotte, NC
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach is a growing, Christian-based non-profit organization that works with adolescents and their families in the Charlotte, NC area. The mission of the organization is to EDUCATE, EXPOSE and EMPOWER. The organization accomplishes its mission by providing mentoring programs and youth programs that take place after school and during the summer. Families are served by providing counseling, workshops and family engagement events.
The goal of the Marketing and Communications intern is to educate and inform the community about the organization's good work. This is vital in building relationships among the community so that the organization can continue to grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends in the non-profit field and the youth development industry.
• Research other youth serving organizations to enhance the programs of Firm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach
• Manage the communication process for the organization, which includes press releases, community requests for volunteers, generating solicitation letters, tracking and generating thank you letters to donors and volunteers.
• Manage and/or monitor online marketing tools, such as the website, the electronic newsletters and social media tools (i.e., facebook and twitter).
• Generate communication reports to the director.
• Assist with planning events.
• All other duties as assigned.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific responsibilities include:
- Making daily social media posts
- Creating and designing our monthly electronic newsletter and periodic email blast announcements
- Creating flyers for the organization and its programs
- Creating and distributing press releases
- Building and maintaining our media contacts database
- Assists with the planning and implementation of special events
• Current college students or recent college graduates.
• Marketing, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Communications coursework or degrees preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel and background using a graphic design software required).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Must have own transportation or a solid “transportation plan”.
• Will be required to complete a background check.