Marketing ManagerAmber Boyd Attorney at Law
Social Media/Marketing/Website DeveloperIndelible Ink-NY
Marketing, Public Relations & Social MediaBradford Stewart Art
LOCAL BUSINESS NOW HIRING ENTRY LEVEL EVENT STAFFSouth Texas Promotions
Event Communications AssistantRhythm Events
Winter 2016 - Event & Marketing Internship [Austin, TX]Snappening
Marketing InternU-Haul International
Marketing InternRoyal Solutions
Marketing Coordinator/ Business Development InternBookmark This
Posted: December 08 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the organization in the development and implementation of marketing, business development, and public relations plans. This will be accomplished through developing, maintaining and expanding marketing channels/methodologies to farmers, food retailers, urban gardens, restaurants, food distributors and individual consumers. The intern will be working directly with the founder for the majority time. This startup is in the early stages of development.
About the company:
Foodstems is a partnership company with Maginfo Ltd. Maginfo provides diverse cloud technology sources such as NoSQL database knowledge and implementations, semantic web technology, search technology, UI and UX development experience, CAD/ PLM knowledge, and modern agile development processes (X-Studio, Selenium, Jmeter, TestNG). Foodstems is a specialized ecommerce social network platform that empowers localized food supply chains and economies of community.
- Majority of work done wherever, whenever as long as set deadlines are met
- Opportunity to meet investors and other important startup folks– good leads for future endeavors.
- Negotiable compensation (vested equity).
- Ability to influence the direction of the company
- Little bureaucracy, few meetings, flexible work schedule/environment
- Working in a startup to learn what works and what doesn’t.
Responsibilities- Manage (CRM) customer relationship management system
- Assist with market research
- Assist with business development per blueprint and marketing strategy
- Assist with visits and/or arranging meetings with potential clients and existing clients
- Assist in coordinating various marketing methods including networking, internet, social media, and develop new creative methods of marketing
- Attend farmer markets, conferences, and networking events with others in the industry to develop new
Requirements Must be able to contribute 10-15 hours weekly
Enthusiastic about food
Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills
Proactive problem prevention and issue resolution leadership ability
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
Ability to learn other software and open source programs
Strong verbal and written communication skills required
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
SkillsRequired - Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Open Source Software, CRM, Collaborative Leadership, Collaborative Learning, Excellent organizational skills, B2B Marketing, B2C marketing
Preferred - Business Development, Analytic Thinking, Critical Thinking, Strategic Public Relations Planning, Public Relations Skills