Book Marketing InternPulse, LLC
Paid Part Time Social Media Marketing/Public RelationsPEEKaMEET
Marketing - COMPETITIVE Team - Sports Athletes & CoachesNLD Group, Inc.
Marketing Lead InternshipBusiness Services
Website Manager and Designer - Big Data StartupGreenwich.HR
Social Media & Marketing InternDormMom Metro Atlanta, Inc
Digital Marketing Video InternshipRave Decor
Marketing Director InternshipBookmark This
1205 Boyle Street
Posted: December 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Marketing Director Intern will help set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages in order to consistently articulate the Young Men and Women’s African Heritage Association’s (YMWAHA’s) mission. The Marketing Director will ensure that YMWAHA is viewed as the premier source of arts and culture education for families. The Marketing director will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
ResponsibilitiesThe Marketing Director Intern will work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Program Manager to complete the following duties:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network's discreet audiences in collaboration with the YMWAHA team and constituents
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and YMWAHA’s website
- Mentor and lead a team member responsible for YMWAHA’s website administration and coordination
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Coordinate social media maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Coordinate and organize annual meetings that engage the network's discreet audiences
- Manage all media contacts
RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Experience and/or background in marketing and/or public relations
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
- Various social media outlets
The Program Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives