Social Media Marketing InternCreatively Digital Marketing
Intern positions available at Real estate company - Marketing Majors welcomedReal Estate
Spring 2017 Marketing InternNew Heartland Group
Content Marketing InternBeCause Water Benefit Corp
Marketing AnalyticsBeCause Water Benefit Corp
Social Media MarketerNuWorld Gaming Inc
Marketing internSGP Packaging
Social Media InternshipHER. Boutique
Marketing Intern - Spring 2017Bookmark This
Greater Cleveland Aquarium
2000 Sycamore St.
Posted: August 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
To assist marketing department with creating an active presence within the community by becoming a Greater Cleveland Aquarium brand ambassador. Collaborate with and learn from experienced Greater Cleveland Aquarium employees while increasing marketing skills, knowledge, and experience. This is a unique opportunity to learn what goes into a comprehensive marketing campaign for a new city attraction.
ResponsibilitiesLength of Internship: 3-4 months (August - December)
MUST RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT FOR INTERNSHIP. Stipend available based on performance of internship.
Reports to: Marketing Assistant
• Obtain and understand information about the Greater Cleveland Aquarium (exhibits, species, programs offered, admission and other general information…).
• Interns will have a specific project to work on throughout internship that will be customized toward intern after hiring. Projects range between social media, blogging, community relations, event planning, and etc.
• Research community events around Cleveland area that the GCA should attend and assist Marketing Assistant with coordinating details.
• Attend community events and other special events to promote the GCA.
• Represent the Greater Cleveland Aquarium by promoting events via booths/tables at festivals, fairs, and other events with high traffic to publicize this new city attraction.
• Encourage general public to interact with GCA table, while passing out brochures, giveaways while answering any questions about the aquarium.
• Escort aquarium mascots and make sure they receive proper amount of time for breaks. Must be willing to dress up as mascot also.
• Document through video, photos each event the GCA is present at. This material will serve well for the final Aqua Squad presentation.
• Work with the Marketing Assistant in researching how to better reach certain market segments and determining specific events to be present at to promote aquarium programs, annual passes and events.
• Assist with the preparation of community events-i.e. getting materials printed (posters, flyers, register to win boxes).
• Participate and assist with events held at GCA
Carry out assigned tasks to help achieve the overall goal of creating excitement and awareness of the Greater Cleveland Aquarium.
• Currently pursuing college degree
• Major in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
• Must be living in the Greater Cleveland area for duration of internship
• Must be assertive, outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful, independent thinker who is greatly interested in working in Attraction/Entertainment Marketing
• Strong communication skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic team player
• Clean driving record and reliable transportation
• Develop a final team presentation that will be presented to GCA’s general manager and marketing department
SkillsRequired - Marketing, Communication, Microsoft Word, Hootsuite
Preferred - Photography, Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom