Winter 2016 - Event & Marketing Internship [Austin, TX]Snappening
Marketing InternU-Haul International
Marketing InternRoyal Solutions
Marketing InternBlue Square Concepts
Marketing Intern11th street cafe
MARKETING / SALES / ADVERTISING INTERNMiami in a Click
Marketing InternSkye Agency
Marketing InternBookmark This
25 Taylor Street, Room 625
San Francisco, CA
Posted: May 23 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEpicenter-sf.org is a community website promoting and facilitating connection in the Central Market, Civic Center and Tenderloin neighborhoods of San Francisco. We cover a wide range of Events, News, and Resources related to arts & culture, nonprofit agencies, small businesses, community groups, city agencies, related initiatives and more. If there is a way to get involved, we want to share it.
We are currently seeking a marketing intern who can juggle a variety of tasks.
About the Candidate:
This person is someone who is open, a strong communicator, and enjoys networking while building new relationships. The candidate has a strong interest in current, local events. The candidate is creative, an individual who can think outside the box, and can come up with ideas and strategies for handling a variety of tasks. This job will give access to a leading community workspace in the Central Market/Tenderloin area. Both at the workplace and through the internship, you will have the opportunity to network with a range of companies, individuals and organizations. You must be honest, respectful of other people and cultures, and have a sense of humor to boot.
Students with a focus in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Nonprofit Management and Public Relations are encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to network and make valuable connections in a variety of sectors and to have an impact with a growing organization.
Visit www.epcienter-sf.org to learn more.
Please reply to Fernando@epicenter-sf.org with a resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples if available. We look forward to reviewing your materials.
Responsibilities• Optimize content for social media distribution write shareable, viral content
• Post, manage and edit content on various social media platforms in a timely manner
• Utilize relevant analytic tools to monitor traffic on site
• Provide logistical support in day to day tasks
• Provide logistical support in marketing, community outreach and event planning
• Stay on top of industry news/trends and write content for weekly blog posts
• Manage social channels like Twitter, Facebook and weekly newsletters
• Help optimize marketing communication
• Promote Epicenter-sf branding/success stories across channels
• Assist in planning and promoting of Epicenter-sf hosted events
• Design clean, attractive graphics for social media channels and presentations
• Pursuing Bachelor's Degree or recent graduate
• Digital and Social Media savvy
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PPT, Word), Adobe, InDesign a plus
• Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction
• Strong analytical skills, ability to gather data, analyze and make recommendations
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with CMS software/databases, e-mail software, Google Analytics
• Positive attitude with a passion for learning, having fun while working hard
• Thorough knowledge of social media platforms
• Knowledge of SEO
• Proficiency in Mac, WordPress, Microsoft Office,
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong knowledge of AP Style and understanding of English grammar
• Familiarity with the coverage area and local organizations a big plus
• Proactive, seeking out solutions to problems before they arise without delay
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
• 14-20hours/week for 12 weeks