Summer Marketing Interns WantedLEI Home Enhancements
Sales & Marketing Support InternEnergy Lighting Services
Marketing InternLas Vegas Productions
Brand Ambassador - Full Time- Entry LevelThrive Events, Inc.
PR/ Marketing InternThrive Events, Inc.
Leadership Development Intern/ Future EntrepreneurAtlas Consulting Group
Entry Level Marketing AssociateMammoth Marketing, Inc.
PR/ Marketing Intern- Full TimeHarper Pierce
Marketing InternBookmark This
NYC Bhangra Dance
Posted: August 29 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout The Company
We are a dance organization in New York City. We specialize in teaching Indian dance styles and performing at different types of public and private events. We believe in celebration through dance with energetic, colorful and beautiful performances. We promote Indian culture by organizing events in New York which attract over ten thousand people from different states.
We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual to handle marketing and administrative activities, campaigns
and projects with a creative and diligent approach.
The intern would work with our team to enhance the company’s brand image online and further our mission of increasing cultural awareness of Indian dance and festivals in New York. She/he would assist in creating material for promotions and marketing and disseminating information about the company’s offerings and events. The intern would help keep track of the effectiveness of the various campaigns. An interest in arts, culture and dance is required with a spark of creativity. Experience with photo and video editing software is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and gain valuable experience in a creative field. The role can provide a very good platform for individuals who want to make a career in digital marketing and social media engineering.
- Gain and improve skills in digital marketing techniques, social media outreach and creative thinking.
- Valuable knowledge and experience working for one of the best dance companies on the East Coast.
- Strong exposure working in New York City.
- Opportunity to connect and network with entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Recommendation letter will be provided based on contribution.
- Stipend will be provided based on individual's qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities- Design and create material for promotion of company’s services, like social media posts, banner pictures, etc.
- Create content and design monthly newsletters for the company's subscribers.
- Create original, attractive posts for social media channels and share them on a regular basis.
- Interact with the company’s followers on social media channels to engage with them and provide them information.
- Create, manage and track campaigns on Facebook, test their effectiveness using keyword analysis, a/b testing and other analytics tools.
- Organize pictures and videos of the company’s performances, rehearsals and events.
- Edit pictures and videos to use them for promotions on social media channels.
- Manage the company’s listings on events and news/PR websites.
- Create and manage advertising campaigns on different platforms.
- Keep track of the effectiveness of the various newsletter and advertising campaigns.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Familiarity and experience with all major social media channels.
- Familiarity working with photo editing (Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator) and video editing (iMovie, etc) tools.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, Email
- Should understand the dynamics of online marketing and promotions
- Ability to follow instructions and work smart with the given guidelines.
- Should display creativity and resourcefulness in work
- Should have an interest in the dance and performing arts and community development
- Should be social media savvy with experience in leveraging social media to engage and connect with a large audience
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, have a confident and friendly personality and be able to work with people from different backgrounds
- Should have an excellent time management approach while accomplishing goals in parallel
- Should be flexible with timing and work hours and be open to travelling outside the city at short notice
- Attitude for getting the job done and strong problem solving skills required
- Must demonstrate innovative and persistent research skills, both online and offline
- Should be proactive and forthcoming with ideas and opinions.
- Should have quick turnaround and value timely follow ups
- Required 10-15 hours a week, can vary.
- Flexibility with timings expected, including working on weekends and weekdays.
- The work will be mostly remote (60%), the rest will involve meetings with the team and working together at our location in midtown Manhattan.
SkillsRequired - Social Media Marketing, Marketing Communications, Online Advertising, Online Marketing, Digital Marketing, Video Editing, Photo Editing, Campaign Management, Marketing Automation, Marketing Copy, Social Media Advertising, Campaign Development, Advertising Copy, Social Media Management
Preferred - Time Management, Problem Solving, Attention To Detail, Getting The Job Done, Creative Thinking, Flexible Approach, Strong organizational skills, Excellent interpersonal skills, Timely Execution, Research Skills