Marketing/Sales InternshipPheramor, Inc.
*Marketing Internship - Mobile StartupPreApps.com
Marketing InternPark Group Solutions
Sponsorship, Marketing & Media AssistantThe Festival of Ballooning, Inc.
Marketing InternThe Thaddeus Foundation
Marketing and Real Estate InternThe Lipman Group Sotheby's International Realty
Dell Campus Ambassador: Horry-Georgetown Technical CollegeMosaic North America
Dell Campus Ambassador: Wake Tech Community College, Main CampusMosaic North America
Marketing InternBookmark This
AOD Federal Credit Union
12 Elm St.
Posted: October 06 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAOD Federal Credit Union was federally chartered on April 21, 1950, as a financial cooperative to serve its members. The credit union's original charter group consisted of 45 members who were all employed by the Anniston Ordnance Depot. AOD Federal Credit Union's first day of operation was May 4, 1950, in an office located on the Depot property. AOD Federal Credit Union has six branch offices, which are located throughout Anniston, Jacksonville & Oxford, Alabama with more than 460 select employer groups. AODFCU is a full service financial institution with over $277 million in assets as of February 29, 2016. Financial Institution Rating Agencies Bauer Financial and Weiss Ratings recognized AODFCU with their highest awards for safety and soundness -- an honor received by fewer than 2% of this nation’s Financial Institutions. For 66 years, the credit union has provided its members with savings programs, competitive lending and checking products, and a variety of other convenient services tailored to fit the needs of each individual member.
As the Credit Union has grown in membership and branch offices over the past several years, the need for staff & resources to promote products and services has also increased. AODFCU currently has a Marketing Department staffed by one employee. Therefore, AODFCU's Marketing internship position is available year round. The Marketing internship position would give a student hands-on experience with: Public Relations, Media Relations, as well as various Marketing projects and daily tasks.
Responsibilities- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with the marketing activities of the Credit Union.
- Assist with creative for signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
- Marketing Database entry and creation of reports and correspondence
- Participation in Marketing Department meetings
- Some writing and proof reading
- Inventory of promotional items
- Reconciliation of Marketing budget to invoices paid
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Requirements- Pursuing a Degree in Marketing or Business. Other fields of study may be considered.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and may be of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Able to operate an adding machine, keyboard, and computer as well as various computer applications including Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with publishing software useful, but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.