Marketing Internship for Creative Development Brand in NYC (Summer 2017)Liberate Artists LLC
Marketing InternshipViPeak Global
Marketing Content ProducerTAYGO
Marketing RepReliance capital limited
Digital Marketing/Retail Sales Internship for a non-traditional start-up footwear companyCOMUNITY
Brand Ambassador / Marketing Intern - West Virginia UniversityThundergrad
Brand Ambassador / Marketing Intern - Florida State UniversityThundergrad
Brand Ambassador / Marketing Intern - Ohio State UniversityThundergrad
Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation
2001 Gateway Place, Ste. 101 E
San Jose, CA
Posted: July 15 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you looking for a hands on internship that will develop your marketing skills? Do you have experience with and enjoy engagement on social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter? The Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, Santa Run Silicon Valley and Heart & Soles Run are currently seeking enthusiastic and energetic interns for the 2017 event season. This internship is based with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group Foundation and offers a valuable opportunity for an intern to develop their marketing and direct promotions background.
The Silicon Valley Turkey Trot is run almost exclusively by volunteers from the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, Central Labor Council, City of San Jose, County of Santa Clara, Applied Materials, numerous community partners and each branded co-sponsor and our five benefiting charities: Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, the Housing Trust Silicon Valley, Health Kids Foundation Santa Clara, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz County and The Health Trust. In the first twelve years of the Applied Materials “Silicon Valley Turkey Trot,” we have donated more than $6.5 million to our local charities meeting the needs of local residents and communities within Silicon Valley. This event is North America's largest timed Thanksgiving Day run/walk event with over 26,000 registrants and 40,000 total attendees.
The Santa Run Silicon Valley and Heart & Soles Run are two smaller events that benefit local charities and organizations. The internship will also include marketing activities in relation to these events too.
Marketing Intern – 2 positions
Interns will assist with the marketing and logistical aspects of the promotion, planning and execution of the event.
These positions can range from 3 to 8 month duration but are available year-round.
• Assist with creating, updating and executing social media campaigns
• Assist with the composition of monthly e-blasts
• Promote the event at corporate registration and public events
• Distribute promotional materials to vendors, beneficiaries and sponsors
• Coordinate pre-event and on-site communications with vendors, logistical staff and sponsors
• Work closely with corporate internal and external committees to reach goals set by event management team
• Work on cross-promotional efforts between our race and other local races
• Learn online registration and database management
• Assist with volunteer management and execution
Experience to be gained:
• Learn how to develop marketing campaigns and execute in print, social media and other relevant channels
• Network opportunities with local high-tech companies
• Collaborative efforts with corporate marketing officers, teams and groups of sponsors, beneficiaries and partners
• Interaction with other large race production companies and vendors
RequirementsQualifications (preferred but training will be offered)
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interface skills with Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Google Drive
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
• Outgoing and diplomatic personality with the ability to lead others