Marketing Internship - Marketing Assistant Role Available Depending on PerformanceBookmark This
International Quality and Productivity Center
535 5th Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: February 04 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
IQPC, Ltd. is one of the world’s largest global information companies, dedicated to providing interactive forums for exchange of information and sharing of new ideas and business solutions for millions of organizations worldwide. Founded in 1973, our mission has always been to deliver the highest possible quality of conferences to each market sector and geographical area we serve. We also run a number of online communities which provide access to online information, training, and networking in key sectors we operate.
Our values and culture are based on an entrepreneurial edge, leading research, and a passion for excellence. Our delegates, sponsors, and partners come from the world’s most influential businesses, and our conferences enable them to tap into leading edge concepts, networks and tools to make their businesses more successful.
IQPC, Ltd has an immediate opening for a highly motivated university student to join our New York City office marketing team as a Marketing Intern. If you love a challenge, then this position will provide you with great learning opportunities, a dynamic environment, and a high level of responsibility following a training period. It will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to manage event campaigns from start to finish and use different social media channels. This position will report to the Deputy Marketing Director in the New York office and is career tracked into a full Marketing Assistant role pending performance.
ResponsibilitiesMarketing Campaign Support:
• Marketing Analysis & Research: Understanding the market and audience to assist building a successful marketing campaign from both a quantitative and qualitative angle
• Public Relations: Writing, distributing press releases and liaising with media
• Partnership Development: Researching, identifying and establishing partnerships to increase brand awareness and revenue
• Social Media: Assisting the management of social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Email Marketing: Contributing to email campaign execution including writing copy, personalization, remarketing, email design & layout, email list management, etc.
• Production: Understanding the program and USP, developing marketing language to be used throughout the campaign
• Sponsorship: Working with conference sponsors; following up for marketing promotion opportunities
• Telesales & Customer Service: Providing prospective leads and tracking registrations back to marketing activity
• Operations: Assisting with planning for literature distribution and on-site marketing related items
RequirementsQualities & Skills Required
• Current field of study preferably in marketing, events or communications
• Extremely detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong negotiator who thrives under pressure
• Good combination of creative and analytical skills
• Good time management - capable of meeting tight deadlines
• Enthusiasm, drive & determination to succeed
• Keen interest in a career in direct marketing
• Commercial experience/B2B direct marketing experience is preferred but not required