Video Creation InternMaster Shares
Marketing Intern for The Sloth Institute Costa Rica--Begins May/June 2017The Sloth Institute Costa Rica
Marketing, Sales, Advertising InternNature's Beauty Mix
Marketing Intern for The Sloth Institute Costa RicaThe Sloth Institute Costa Rica
Marketing InternsNew England Country Rentals
Brand Ambassador - Paid Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
MARKETING - LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT - PaidA&A Marketing Group
Merchandiser InternshipBookmark This
New Digz Consignment
5724 Crain Highway SE
Upper Marlboro, MD
Posted: January 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNew Digz Consignment is a consignment boutique that specializes in new and gently used mid to high end women's and children's clothing, shoes, accessories and handbags. Our mission is to provide the best selection of women's and children's clothing at competitive prices.
New Digz Consignment is seeking a self-reliant, self-motivated individual with the ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines without supervision; therefore, Merchandisers are expected to have excellent organizational skills, as well as planning, project management, and time management expertise. Merchandisers will be expected to collaborate with Management, follow both written and verbal instruction with great attention, and drive/execute with detail. In addition, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstration of the highest level of professionalism and outstanding customer service must be exhibited at all times.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are also necessary. Organization, creative problem-solving, and a continuous improvement mentality are key qualities for success at New Digz Consignment. Merchandisers need to possess a strong creative flair and effective problem solving abilities. Significant analytical experience, computer proficiency, and merchandising experience are essential.
Responsibilities• Create and execute special promotional campaigns to boost sales volume.
• Introduce the promotion, gain agreement and approval from the store owners, secure preferred product placement, re-merchandise, place signage, and generate awareness and enthusiasm prior to the launch of the promotion.
• Monitoring sales volume, inspecting inventory levels, and maintaining in-store promotional materials are key tasks throughout the promotional period.
• Contribute to the advertising, marketing, and sales efforts of New Digz Consignment by working in conjunction with Management to design, develop and take charge of the visual look of the store and its merchandise.
• Create and maintain visual displays in the store windows and on the sales floor, which includes a compelling presentation of merchandise that will engage customers and help stimulate sales activity.
• Contribute to the profitability of the store with merchandise handling, replenishment, and inventory management efforts.
• Work with Management to ensure that the brand, image and style of the company is represented in excellence at all times.
• Move merchandise, shelving, and fixtures, change signs, and maintain the cleanliness and functionality of fixtures, signage, lights, and equipment.
• Stock merchandise, take inventory, facilitate stock transfers, ticket and re-ticket, execute markdowns, and maintain awareness of potential loss prevention issues and activities.
• Participate in the shipping and receiving process and ensure that merchandise is customer ready.