Graphic Design InternOak Creek Homes
Marketing InternshipFinally Free Productions
Social Media & Community Management Intern16thstreetstories
Paid Digital Marketing Intern - GrowthGood&Co
ENTRY LEVEL MARKETING - Marketing Executive - GROWTH AND TRAININGFlorida Business Consulting
Marketing InternEducational Experiences Abroad
Marketing/Social Media InternBennett Licensing and Compliance for Professionals
Music & Entertainment Industry – Marketing & PR CoordinatorBookmark This
Posted: December 06 2015
Company Location: Manchester, NH
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 6 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis internship is made available through Enoch Entertainment, a New England-based music promotion company. The intern(s) will work under the direction of this organization in promoting and marketing a pop/rock band. The intern(s) will be involved in a variety of promotional activities and will participate in the execution of a comprehensive marketing/event strategy. Interns will participate in regular marketing/event strategy sessions and may work individually or in team formats for some projects. This internship will give students an inside look at many aspects of the music/entertainment industry (event coordination, public relations, marketing concepts, social media strategies, print media, radio, etc.) and will provide hands-on experience to help students interested in securing jobs in marketing, advertising, talent management or public relations in the music or entertainment fields. Students will leave this internship with a portfolio of work and clear success metrics associated with their involvement (for example, the media distribution list grew by 30%, and “street team” grew by 50%) that will give students a leg up in securing a job after graduation. This position offers students an excellent opportunity to make great industry contacts as well. And it will be fun!
We are looking for intern candidates in New York, Boston and other New England states for 2016 but some interns may work remotely, so any location will be considered.
ResponsibilitiesIntern responsibilities will include:
• Distribution of press releases and media advisories to a variety of media organizations
• Development and oversight of media distribution lists and correspondence with appropriate contact people at these organizations (i.e. newspapers and other publications)
• Concert & event promotion activities, including the development and distribution of marketing materials for events and concerts, including, posters, point-of-purchase marketing signs/boards, flyers, etc.
• Developing and executing strategies to grow the band’s “street team”. This may involve coordination with students from other colleges and organizations to help grow brand awareness and generate interest in band activities
• Participation in promotional event activities during local band performances (merchandising, giveaways, and general event coordination & logistics).
• Coordination of and engagement in social media and other on-line promotional activities.
• In addition, each intern will be encouraged to develop and promote at least one of their own alternative marketing concepts to support the overall marketing plan for the band, and to further explore areas that may be of individual interest.