IT/Computer Systems InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Internship for Students Interested In Business, Politics, Journalism, Entertainment or Media ArtsUnderground Network
Marketing InternshipLime Enterprises, LLC
Marketing InternBroomer-Carroll Enterprise
Former Hospitality Experience Wanted!Elite Solutions
Customer Service Associates Reps for EventsElite Solutions
Boutique Law Firm Seeking Marketing Interns-ImmediatelyThe Law Firm of Ekaterina Mouratova, PLLC
Book Marketing CoordinatorPulse, LLC
Search Engine Marketing & Social Media InternBookmark This
355 N. Laflin St. #601
Posted: September 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a boutique digital marketing agency based in West Loop in Chicago, IL. Presently, we are looking for a search engine marketing (SEM) / Social Media intern (yes, they are both related). As an intern, you will be supporting the search marketing initiatives, working with and learning from us on client campaigns. This internship will primarily focus on organic search engine optimization (SEO), and as part of the SEO effort, create and maintain social media campaign efforts. We are looking for candidates who are dedicated and passionate about online media and who want to be part of a smaller team with tremendous growth & learning potential.
Fundamentally, to be a good search marketing manager you need 3 skills - First, the ability to analyze. A good feel for statistics and interpreting charts and graphs is a necessity; Second, the ability to work around websites and social media. The technical ability to work around content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Joomla or DotNetNuke is required; Third, the ability to write and communicate. You need to learn to write / edit / curate content, which requires you to have strong writing skills with good grammar.
Responsibilities• Work closely with search team to understand search engine optimization, platforms, and processes.
• Understand client businesses, compile campaign reports, learn to perform campaign analysis
• Apply learnings and implement on active campaigns
• Stay abreast of latest industry topics, trends, news, methodologies and tools
• Aid in campaign growth & optimization strategies
• Pursuing Bachelors or Master's Degree in Marketing/Advertising/Communications/Journalism
• Strong interest in Internet Marketing & Analytics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
• Strong time management skills -- ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Diligent work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
• Strong computer and Internet skills -- comfortable with working with around different CMS (e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal).
• Search Marketing experience is preferred but not required
• Strong understanding and utilization of social media assets.
SkillsRequired - Social Media, B2B Marketing, Social Media Blogging, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing
Preferred - Creative Writing, Brand Communication