Social Media InternBookmark This
Posted: April 17 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPoached is headquartered in Portland, OR but this is an at-home position. Additional team members will be based in San Francisco and San Diego. This position will be required to attend weekly meetings via Skype to discuss market progress.
The Social Media intern will gain insight into the practical workings of a growing start up and gain hands-on experience developing Poached’s West Coast social media strategy and coordinating social media initiatives across our two (soon to be three) markets in California.
ResponsibilitiesThe Social Media intern supports Poached’s West Coast social media efforts to drive social media engagement and exposure in Los Angeles and San Francisco (and San Diego in Q3 2015). The position also provides support for analytics and analysis of social/digital media data. Other duties include supporting the team’s coordination with our company wide social media/digital teams, and ongoing efforts to utilize new social media platforms.
Project Specifics / Deliverables
• Develop and maintain content on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram (and additional channels, as determined) for all markets.
• Assist company-wide social media efforts and strategies to drive engagement and exposure.
• Help maintain overall social media editorial calendars for use by internal audiences.
• Help analyze ongoing posting, response and engagement data from Poached’s major social media venues (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn, Instagram).
• Develop shareable master list/index of posts from all of Poached’s social media venues to track and analyze which posts have the highest performance and response(s).
• Monitor the competition and relevant social media conversations across all venues, keeping abreast of market changes and developments.
Liberal Arts, Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing
• Undergraduate juniors or seniors (with expected graduation dates of 2016 and 2017)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong understanding of social media
• Enthusiasm and flexibility
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
• Experience and knowledge in social media through internships or course work