Marketing AssistantProof Management, Inc.
Entry Level Marketing and Advertising PositionsProof Management, Inc.
Marketing SpecialistMy Trick RC
San Francisco - HINT Water Marketing Internship SUMMER 2017Hint Inc.
Marketing and social media intershipLive + Love Pilates
Data Analytics - Marketing InternshipShop & Support
Marketing and Sales internshipClosed Loop Recycling
Distributor Marketing InternshipAdvertising Specialty Institute
Social Media, Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
Posted: August 12 2016
Company Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for an intern to assist with our social media, marketing and communication efforts. Inspiring Kitchen, LLC, (www.inspiringkitchen.com) is a new company that is growing but needs support in a critical aspect of the business. As an intern, you will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts. We are looking to hire someone who can provide innovative, strategic and creative ideas and work independently. This internship is an unpaid position.
We would expect you to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level and potentially on a business level. You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just "selling" to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them.
Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
* Create, manage and grow business presence across such potential social media channels including blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Stumble Upon, Klout, and Instagram.
* Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
* Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
* Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
* Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
* Replying to comments, messages, etc.
* Report findings to the team
RequirementsAttributes interns are expected to have:
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Be creative with an eye for design
* Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc is preferred
* Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, blogs, Hootesuite, Wordpress, etc.
* Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts if needed
* Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
* Ability to identify a target market and "speak" to that consumer through social media
* Experience proofreading and editing
* Ability to deal with uncertainty
* Ability to contribute individually
Education and Experience
* The right candidate will pursue a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising, or communications.
* An interest in the foodie/cooking/design world a bonus.
* At least 1 year of professional/internship related experience would be ideal.