Graphic Design Intern6 Degrees Business Networking
Social Media, Marketing, PR and Event Intern6 Degrees Business Networking
Fashion Internship: KAT+PORTO Seeks Campus Brand AmbassadorsKAT+PORTO
Marketing Intern - Fall/WinterEvergage
Social Media Marketing InternSuperfit
Learn from an entrepreneur with over 18 years of eCommerce industry experienceSim1ems
Marketing Internship at New York City Music VenueLe Poisson Rouge
Personal Assistant Intern NeededVIRTUALFIT Creative Consulting
Social Media Marketing & Communications InternBookmark This
Posted: December 20 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
NeoTress (www.neotress.com) is a monthly subscription that offers the do-it-yourself hairstylist everything she needs to change her hairstyle each month. Gone are the days of researching hairstyle tutorial videos then starting a mad-hunt for the supplies you need to complete the look. Each month, the NeoTress subscriber will receive a package that includes a pre-selected hairstyle (customized to her hair color, texture, and length) with the products, tools, and even the hair extensions. NeoTress is for the woman who loves to change her hair often. It's for the woman who gets a thrill from having braids one month, a weave, and then maybe a wig. It's even for the woman who just wants to learn more about her hair. NeoTress offers an affordable, stress-free and easy way to explore new hairstyles on a monthly basis with all of the essentials delivered right to your front door.
Our vision is to be the leading subscription service and platform for DIY black and afro-latina hair education.
Job Title: Intern, Social Media Marketing & Communications (Unpaid)
Currently, NeoTress is in a pre-launch phase. The CEO (Nicole Ben) has launched the landing page of the website (neotress.com). Systems are being put in place to make NeoTress a huge success. As a Social Media Marketing & Communications Intern, you will be contributing from day one. You’ll join the NeoTress team to revamp the way African-American and Afro-Latina women learn how to tame their tresses. You’ll be leading the social media build for NeoTress by planning out tweets, establishing the basis of the blog, preparing newletters, researching PR opportunities, and in every way personifying all that is NeoTess. Your marketing and communications glory MUST shine. We can’t have it any other way.
Your love for how women learn about black haircare through social media is essential to your success in this role. It’s a fantastic position and you’ll great hands-on experience. We don’t have an office yet, so you’ll be working from wherever you are.
• Leading day-to-day social media management, including but not limited to scheduling posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr
• Assisting with the producing content for web and social media, including images, gifs, video, copy, etc.
• Developing ideas, content, and schedule for NeoTress newsletter for pre-subscribers
• Research for social media content.
• Work with NeoTress team to ensure that all communications are aligned with goals
• Participate in brainstorms and create innovative ideas for campaigns.
• Social media analysis for client and competitor audience, and help provide weekly insights and recommendations.
• Source new contacts within the natural hair community that will align with company goals for brand partnerships
• Monitor community conversation for all properties and elevate engagement opportunities
• Assist with research competitors, product manufacturers, and potential brand partners
Requirements• Candidates should be working on a Bachelors degree related to Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field. Must be a strong writer and have an upbeat personality.
• Truly believe in the NeoTress dream
• Have knowledge about black haircare and styling, or being willing to jump in a become an expert
• Strong writing ability and knowledge of current trends
• Have extensive social media, marketing, and PR knowledge – and me ready to contribute ideas to the team
• Ready to work hard to make a start-up succeed
• Attention to detail and flexibility
• Must have access to a computer, internet access, and personal cell phone.
• Check-in with CEO throughout the week for report progress on tasks
• Participate in weekly NeoTress Google+ team meeting
• Familiarity with social media publishing tools like Hootsuite, Latergramme, etc. are a plus (We are willing to teach you, if you are not familiar)
• Familiarity with Google tools are preferred
SkillsRequired - Google Apps, Social Media, Blogging, Marketing
Preferred - Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, Beauty Industry, Public Relations