Digital MarketingEnterprise Monkey
Public Relations InternKingston5 Productions
Virtual Marketing Interns - Commission BasedAtelier Advisors
Marketing Analyst InternBusiness Expo Center
Account Mgmt/ Social Media Interngriffin360
Intern positions available at Real estate company - Marketing Majors welcomedReal Estate
Social Media/MarketingHTH & Associates
SEO/Content Marketing InternshipeGenerationMarketing
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING INTERNBookmark This
Revelations Salon & Spa
Posted: December 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Revelations Salon & Spa is a veteran salon of the Mohawk Valley and boasts a nearly 30-year history in Herkimer, NY. Owned and operated by MaryBeth Stalteri Napolitano, the business grew from Shear Pleasure Unisex Salon into Revelations Salon & Spa in July 2014. Opened in 1988, Shear Pleasure Unisex Salon was a one-operator salon owned and operated by 20-year-old MaryBeth Stalteri. Located on the corner of Prospect and Church Streets in Herkimer, New York, Shear Pleasure quickly gained loyal guests who have stayed with the salon team to this day. As is with an evolving industry, the salon grew in stylists and clientele and relocated to South Main Street in Herkimer, where it operated until 2014. July 2014 brought rebirth and many revelations to both the new and loyal clients of the salon and spa. With a new, 2,000 square-foot location at the EFK Plaza on East State Street in Herkimer, 5 stylists, a Certified Master Pedicurist (CMP), and facial and massage services, Revelations Salon & Spa has become a destination for self-care and rejuvenation.
In addition to traditional salon and spa services, Revelations Salon & Spa prides itself on innovation and creativity in the workplace. Each Revelations stylist is certified in doTerra’s AromaTouch Technique, a clinical approach to applying essential oils along energy meridians and visceral contact points of the back and feet to help balance sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems of the body. Essentials oils are a regular part of any services at Revelations Salon & Spa, making your very own revelation a unique and sought-after experience.
The successful intern will be willing to work at least 5 - 10 hours/week on social media marketing and campaign development.
• Develop various social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) campaigns related to the beauty industry; schedule campaigns in advance using Hootsuite
• Implement the use of Pinterest and post photos of stylists’ work to Pinterest
• Record “How-To” videos highlighting the work of Revelations’ stylists
• Manage the Revelations Salon & Spa website
• Manage Revelations’ Yelp and Four Square presence
• Take before & after photos of clients, post photos to social media
• Manage “Client of the Week” and “Product of the Week” campaigns
• Manage photo release forms
• Create advertisements for upcoming promos, etc; post to social media
• Attend bi-weekly meetings with the business manager; communicate regularly with the business manager in addition to bi-weekly meetings
• Other marketing responsibilities as agreed upon between supervisor & intern
RequirementsInternship opportunity is open to any interested student/person
SkillsRequired - Oral & Written Communication Skills, Commitment to Customer Service, Social Media
Preferred - Marketing