Web DeveloperRight Visual Inc.
Travel Agency Assistant & Marketing for Travel Agency (Countrywide - U.S.)Swift Travel Deals
Marketing InternSkyline Consulting Group
Brand ManagerSkyline Consulting Group
Account ManagerSkyline Consulting Group
Talent Acquisition and Retention InternshipStratagem.io
Pinterest MarketerSpice Pharm
Paid & unpaid marketing & events Intern for Startup Accelerator in Santa Monica (Innovation Factory)Expert DOJO
Social Media/Marketing InternBookmark This
85 Broad Street
New York, NY
Posted: September 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Project DragonFruit (www.projectdragonfruit.com)
We are a geek romance community. Half of what we do is developing a geek dating app—imagine if your dating app felt more like a video game and your matches were based on mutual interests, rather than just a series of oddball, unrelated questions. The other half is providing funny, insightful and witty articles, podcasts, videos and infographics providing geek-centric dating and relationship advice.
We value initiative, humor, candor, creativity and ingenuity; we expect even our interns to take on a significant role in shaping our organization’s vision. And as a small team, we prefer to view our tech, marketing and creative departments as a single team that not only informs what each is doing, but actively collaborates with and contributes to each other’s projects.
We’re looking for a social media/marketing intern to join our team for a period of at least three months. Our company will be entering a pivotal time: We’re about to launch a public, web-only beta of our dating app and several months later we plan to release the definitive, mobile version of our app. During this time we’ll be launching an extensive press, public relations, word of mouth and trade show/convention campaign (i.e. ComicCon, MAGFest, SXSW etc). If you also have strong social media savvy (see below to see what we mean), are able to handle quick changes in creative and marketing direction, as well as have a willingness to help promote our app both online and in person, we might want you on board.
Please note, this is an unpaid internship, with a minimum commitment of 15 hours a week.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and Instagram with a mix of original and curated content.
- Research the effectiveness and long-term viability of tapping into newer social apps and networks such as Periscope, Snapchat and Vine. - Assist the marketing director, graphic design and editorial interns with creating marketing materials such as press releases and flyers.
- Help coordinate our online outreach efforts (i.e. engaging with influencers, journalists, online communities and groups about our product).
- Canvas and engage relevant local businesses (i.e. comic book shops, video game stores, etc.)
- Additional duties as the need arises.
RequirementsSkills and Qualifications:
- Experience with maintaining social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Knowledge of social media management and scheduling apps such as Buffer, Hootsuite or Tweetdeck is essential.
- A journalism, communications or marketing degree preferred. Other degrees combined with a strong digital and/or traditional marketing background are encouraged to apply as well.
- A strong knowledge of geek culture and a sense of humor. While we take our business seriously, we want to be witty and funny in our engagement with potential users.