Marketing InternWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
Sales Executive Assistant |InternshipAaron's, Inc.
Amazon Marketplace Coordinator – San Diego ONLYUltima Car Care Products
Fast Fashion – Graphic Designer & CopywriterSelfie Leslie
Marketing InternshipChicago Fringe Festival
Influencer Marketing InternshipStylehaul
Social Media/Marketing InternshipBookmark This
2828 N Central Ave. Suite 700
Posted: August 19 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
SOUNDS Academy is a non-profit music education organization that teaches, mentors, and provides musical experiences and opportunities for underserved youth. Students receive individual lessons, group classes, and participate in public performances on instruments such as the violin, viola, cello, and bass. Instruments are provided to those who cannot afford one. In SOUNDS Academy students learn the values of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork through music education. We teach these values in our School Programs for lower income schools, our Strings Program, and our College-Prep Program. Students also interact with professional musicians in our Musical Access program.
SOUNDS Academy Interns help further the development of music education to underserved youth and Title 1 schools. This awesome group is comprised of dreamers and the doers who see no bounds when given a task and making it happen. SOUNDS Academy Interns adapt and understand that it can be possible to do the “impossible”. They help to mold the future of the students, which we serve. SOUNDS Academy Interns are elite examples of creativity, leadership, perseverance, resilience, and teamwork. They don’t make excuses; they make it happen!
SOUNDS Academy Interns move mountains and have a hand in many aspects of the organization. While we attend a lot of events, we believe that SOUNDS Academy Interns can do more than stand at a booth and smile. An intern’s time can be better spent to create effective change. With these internships comes tremendous responsibility. SOUNDS Academy interns are taken very seriously along with their work, so please do not apply unless you are committed to the experience and our mission.
Opportunities to meet with expert musicians and music professionals
Access to concerts, concert halls, and festivals
Network with professionals in a multitude of fields
Possibility of working with current SOUNDS Academy teachers and/or students
Professional development opportunities in multiple fields including public speaking, fundraising, marketing, and education
The time commitment for internships are approximately 5-10 hours a week. This is an unpaid position.
Contact us for more information:
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: The Social Media/Marketing Intern is responsible for increasing the social awareness of SOUNDS and driving Internet traffic of the program. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Utilize social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to inform the public of classes, events, news updates, etc. of SOUNDS Academy in order to increase awareness of the program and Internet traffic
• Utilize social media to develop, strengthen, and maintain partnerships with program participants, supporters, organizations, etc.
• Use blogging, SEO, social networking, backlink building, etc. to raise the web presence and placement of SOUNDS Academy
• Create and maintain a social media calendar to include potential posts, video interviews, blogs, student spotlights, newsletters, etc.
• Uploading and posting appropriate blogs, videos, pictures, status updates, etc.
• Tracking and reporting the growth of SOUNDS Academy on various social media vehicles and the Internet
RequirementsKnowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong editing skills
• Comprehension of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media tools
• Understanding of the Internet and best practices in social media marketing
• Knowledge of digital media, video recording, and video editing software
• An ability to multi task, work on multiple projects, and meet deadlines
• An ability to be persistent, innovative, and self-reliant
• Willingness to take initiative, learn, and independently complete projects
• A desire for growth and development
• An ability to be flexible and independently problem solve
• Passion and Joy for what you do in order to improve the lives of others
• A high school diploma