UNDERWRITING AND DATA STRATEGY SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIPCombined Insurance
Executive Internship - MBAPro Players Foundation
Management TraineeUnlimited Vacations
Research InternThe Institute
Research InternThe Institute
Business ConsultantNsN Global
Business Development/PR - Work from Home, School or anywhere in the world! Full/Part-time!Connect With Training
Business Developer / Inside Sales RepMoodMe
Business/Technology Research InternBookmark This
Ocean Park Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA
Posted: April 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for a high energy student who can help kick off our efforts to spin up an R&D lab within a billion dollar, highly successful, 25 year old company. This position will report to the Vice President of IT and work with a team to help research, synthesize, and document information pertinent to building a technically leaning wing of our company. Said Intern will be responsible for the following:
• Research “stuff”. Could be about other businesses, market segments, technologies, who knows? You don’t need to be an expert in anything, just have an open mind, be detail oriented, and diligent.
• Organize “things”. Could be your own research findings, a team brainstorming sessions, an amalgamation of websites or companies. Figure out how to bring information together into something people can easily use.
• Be “happy”. Keep the team in good spirits; you must be able to understand how to work with people productively while still ensuring everyone has a good time
ResponsibilitiesMore than just great employees, we want to hire great people. We are going to be spending a LOT of time together, so we want you to know our expectations up front:
• Smart, quick learner – we have lots to learn
• Gets things done – efficient and organized
• We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
• Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions
• Enjoy the occasional night out, office banter, and cornucopia of food trucks
Requirements• Active pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in something interesting. If you already did that and are in the midst of a Master’s, we won’t hold that against you
• Strong interest in business, technology, and especially the intersection of the two
• Weeds and sky all at once; you’ve got to be able to think big, but then get into the details
• Knowledge of basic project management methodologies, especially Agile and bonus points if you know JIRA
• Must be funny, seriously; it’s a deal breaker
• Presentation abilities and the use of PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.
• Able to research, analyze, and synthesize information into a digestible product
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Ability to enjoy what you do and a true love of investigation and problem solving
• Strong work ethic with good time management and the ability to work with diverse teams
• Did we mention be funny?