Mechanical Engineering Co-op/Intern (Elastomers) - January 2014Bookmark This
Work in the Engineering Departments as an Engineering Intern. Rotate through the Quality, Manufacturing, and Launch Management functions. Assist the department in performing daily engineering tasks.
- Responsible for daily manufacturing engineering issues, Assist in selecting materials, molding, processes, assembly and testing.
- Develop tests, evaluating assemblies, summarizing/analyzing data and performing necessary calculations.
- Observe, direct and assist lab technicians in all departments as necessary.
- Assist engineers on day to day engineering tasks pertaining to new product designs and applications. Evaluate engineering design improvements, manufacturing processes and competitive products as required.
- Assist lab personnel in development of test fixturing, assembly tooling and molding of samples.
- Follow all company policies and procedures such as the quality management system, BOS and environmental health and safety.
- Has successfully completed two (2) years towards Degree.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Must be working toward at bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.