Mechanical Engineering / Micro-Fabrication Co-OpMicro-Leads
Mechanical Engineer/Designercontrol laser corporation
Mechanical Designercontrol laser corporation
Mechanical Engineering InternshipLake Shore Cryotronics
Electro mechanical EngineerABT.NET
3D CAD Analyst Co-opProto Labs, Inc.
3D CAD Analyst InternshipProto Labs, Inc.
Mechanical Engineer - InternLightning Motorcycle
Material EngineerBookmark This
Wilshire Financial Network
3540 Wilshire Blvd PH5
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: September 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWilshire Financial Network provides consulting electrical engineering services related to vertical building construction in coordination with in-house architects, mechanical engineers and other disciplines.
The Material Engineer will work as part of a team comprised of internal designers, project managers, superintendents, onsite labor and subcontractors. Aspects of the position are applicable for growth into a Project Management role in the future.
The Material Specialist reports directly to the Project Coordinator, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in oversight of select field operations, as directed by managing Superintendent
• Utilize a materials request form to receive material requests from Superintendents and Project Managers and forecast needs to consolidate material runs
• Solicit quotes, seek approval and order all specialty supplies and materials, including large material deliveries
• Receive and maintain itemized budgets from Project Manager and report spending in timely manner
• Hand select materials when necessary
• Coordinate project material and equipment needs with Project Superintendents and Project Managers
• Contribute to job site daily logs and photo documentation via Procore
• Maintain Superintendent supply box and provide weekly inventory data
• Maintain tool inventory system with check in / out
• Maintain organization of company storage
• Other duties, as assigned.
Relevant Skills and Experience
• 2-5+ years of experience in construction managing and overseeing small tasks a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Procore (or similar PM software), and MS Project a plus
• Basic knowledge of or ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and contracts
• Basic computer and mathematical skills
• Read and understand project schedules
• Effectively communicates in a timely manner
• Proactively analyzes and resolves challenges on site