Mechanical Engineering / Micro-Fabrication Co-OpMicro-Leads
Mechanical Engineer/Designercontrol laser corporation
Mechanical Designercontrol laser corporation
Electro mechanical EngineerABT.NET
3D CAD Analyst Co-opProto Labs, Inc.
Product Management Internship with high-end Silicon Valley PC Tech companySTEIGER DYNAMICS LLC
Production & Quality Control InternFRIMPEKS INC.
Engineering TutorChegg Inc.
Mechanical Engineer - InternBookmark This
933 American Streeet
San Carlos, CA
Posted: September 06 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLightning Motors Corp. has been involved in researching and manufacturing electric two wheeled transportations for more than 6 years. We build the fastest production motorcycle in the world, won many road racing competitions and set several world speed records. Our solutions are used in various applications, from fuel cell hybrid electric buses, hybrid cars, electric motorcycle, electric ATV, electric yard trucks for ferrying shipping containers, professional ocean racing sailboat and many other areas. Our mission has been to build 2 wheel electric transportation (E2W) that has superior efficiency, performance, and affordability than current gasoline alternatives.
This position is for Local candidates only.
Responsibilities- Work with team to design and build motorcycle parts or battery pack
- Work with Sr. Engineer to service battery pack at customer site
- Create CAD using inventor
- Carry out other required tasks to complete assign projects
- Contribute in improving the processes or tasks.
Requirements- Design parts using CAD tool (Autodesk Inventor 2015) with minimal assistance and minimal re-work
- Designs and documents changes to existing parts for enhancing previous designs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Fundamental verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Understand some basic electrical terms (eg. Voltage, +/- current..etc)
- Have good problem solving skills (e.g. formulating approach to identify problems and trouble-shooting issues)
- Have interest or passion in green technology
- Worked in auto shop or experience building/making parts