Mechanical Engineer - InternLightning Motorcycle
DesignEngineering InternshipCommercial Vehicle Group, Inc.
Petroleum EngineerGrace Instrument
Mechanical Engineering InternshipQuality of Life to the Nth degree
Mechanical Engineercontrol laser corporation
Graphic Design InternRubber Captain
Mechanical Engineering Internship at IAASRBookmark This
Posted: September 13 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIAASR Is a small R&D company located in NY that specializes in electronic components and systems . Component and system manufacturing is done in house in compliance with our Quality assurance procedures. Visit http://www.iaasr.com/ for more information
We are looking for interns to train in the following subject to help support our product line and to provide them with some hands-on skills towards their major.
Fabrication and prototyping. Machines used include pan and box break, shear, milling and welder.
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
PCB design and fabrication
Design for manufacturability
physical system modeling in Matlab and other coding activities
Everything is done in house with our products so interns will be involved from design to production.
We are NOT offering summer or winter only internship since we will be investing you. The ideal candidate would be available throughout the academic year maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The internship is currently unpaid. Interns have to be at our location in Jamaica ave Saturdays and Sundays from 11 AM to 6:30 PM. We provide breaks during midterms and finals. Electrical, mechanical or bio-medical engineering students only.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please contact us by emailing email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
ResponsibilitiesComplete all assigned tasks. Such tasks include:
• manufacture of enclosures, PCB and applying GD&T on custom jobs
• Design related components on SolidWorks and applying Design for manufacturability
• Perform and implement quality assurance procedures
• complete micro projects and document projects for student portfolio and company marketing
• help with physical system modeling in Matlab and other coding activities.
Student are trained to contribute and or complete the above mentioned tasks.
Requirements• College student
• Engineering major
• Available to work on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 AM to 6:30 PM
• Experience with SolidWorks preferred
• Preferably graduated from a trade high school
• Knowledge of working with sheet metal - bending, cutting, drilling, filing
• Ability to work in a high energy environment
• Willingness to work in a team and collaborate with others
SkillsRequired - Quick Learner, Strong Work Ethic, Creative Thinking, Efficient, Positive Attitude, Highly Organized, Ambitious, Ability to work under pressure
Preferred - Matlab, Solidworks, Agile Project Management, Adobe Photoshop