Mechanical Engineering / Micro-Fabrication Co-OpMicro-Leads
Mechanical Engineer/Designercontrol laser corporation
Mechanical Designercontrol laser corporation
Electro mechanical EngineerABT.NET
3D CAD Analyst Co-opProto Labs, Inc.
Mechanical Engineer - InternLightning Motorcycle
Product Management Internship with high-end Silicon Valley PC Tech companySTEIGER DYNAMICS LLC
Production & Quality Control InternFRIMPEKS INC.
Mechanical Engineering (Unpaid) InternBookmark This
Wolverton Bailey, Inc.
2025 Washington Ave.
Posted: July 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Mechanical Engineering Intern will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing a prototype for a new internal combustion engine concept. In this role, the successful candidate will gain hands-on experience in a variety of product development areas, including but not limited to mechanical design, simulation, manufacturing, and testing. This is an invaluable opportunity to be a part of a breakthrough technology.
About WolvertonBailey, Inc.(WBI):
WBI is an innovations company that is taking a fresh perspective on old technologies, while also looking forward to the technologies required for the future. Our first big breakthrough is the patented Counterpoise engine technology. The Counterpoise engine technology offers endless potential for a new era in vehicle and machine design. The design creates an improved internal combustion engine architecture that can run on a number of different fuels, including gasoline, diesel, and ethanol. Our design improvements will result is an engine family that is lighter, more efficient, and produces lower exhaust emissions. (http://wolvertonbaileyinc.com/pages/counterpoise-engine-technology)
- Duration: minimum 12 weeks | Hours: 14-21 hours per week
- Duration, hours and exact dates to be discussed based on availability
- Additional perks will be provided including membership to design and prototyping facility (during internship).
Please send resume and samples of 3D modeling and mechanical drawing work to the contact below.
Director of Engineering
Responsibilities- Application of engineering / technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Work and apply innovative design thinking to develop functional and technical solutions
- Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD and analysis software
- Complete manufacturing drawings for prototype development parts and assemblies
- Facilitate fabrication, assembly, integration, and test activities
Requirements- Currently enrolled in (or a recent graduate of) a degree program in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience using SolidWorks modeling, drawing and analysis tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable using prototype development tools and machines, including but not limited to, measurement devices, machine shop tools, equipment and related software applications.
- Ability to reliably commute to design and prototyping facility in Philadelphia, PA.
SkillsRequired - Solidworks, Mechanical Drawings
Preferred - FEA, Matlab, 3D Printing