Social Media/Publicity Internship - FallMagnolia Pictures
Paid Fall 2014 Internship - Video post production / Motion GraphicsMedia Infocus LLC.
Paid Fall 2014 Internship - Social & Web Content Artists / DesignersMedia Infocus LLC.
Media/ Audience InternshipDr. Phil Show
Entertainment-Media InternshipThe National Campaign
CPBN Media LabBookmark This
Connecticut Public Television
1049 Asylum Avenue
DescriptionAvailability: Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer semesters
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Supervisor: Manager of Education
Summary: Interns will have a hands-on immersive educational experience creating original content to support CPBN initiatives. Interns will learn and perform all the media creation production tasks, from pre-production planning and production through post-production editing and posting. Students will receive hands-on instruction from all public and digital media outlets of CPBN, including WNPR radio, CPTV and CPTV Sports, and online and interactive media.
"I had such a great time and learned so much about videography, photography, and interviewing! I know I will definitely use my newfound knowledge in the future with school and hopefully, a career! Thank you again!"
- Emily Judd '11
Responsibilities• Research story ideas
• Conduct phone and on-camera interviews
• Schedule logistics for personnel, space, time, equipment, etc.
• Write, edit, and post articles for online publication
• Write and edit scripts
• Perform pre-production tasks (equipment set-up, space preparation, etc)
• Perform production tasks (video camera operation, sound acquisition, lighting placement, sound checks, etc.)
• Perform post-production tasks (video, sound, and image editing, writing and editing, posting videos and articles to online outlets, etc.)
• Assist with social media posts for the Media Lab (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements• Knowledge of computers and the Internet
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Knowledge of video equipment and production techniques
• Superior attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
• Strong interpersonal and/or telephone skills
• Strong sense of creativity
• Strong desire to learn
• Experience with Adobe products and systems preferred