Content Multimedia InternBookmark This
10805 Rancho Bernardo Rd. Suite 200
San Diego, CA
The company is a San Diego-based technology firm providing online training and Risk Management solutions to its clients across the United States. This opportunity is being offered with a company that is profitable, growing at a substantial rate, and continues to lead in a developing and emerging market.
The Company's Content
The Company delivers online training content to various markets, including Fire, EMS, Education, and OSHA Compliance. These online courses must be maintained, supported, and expanded on a continuous basis. The training content is designed to change employee behavior and result in improved bottom line performance for the Company's customers. The Company is currently integrating multimedia elements into the content.
The Content Multimedia Intern reports directly to the Content Manager. The intern is responsible for contributing to the effective design and delivery of e-learning content and working with the Multimedia Designer and Content Manager and other members of the team to create multimedia interactions that are both appealing to the user and that enhance learning.
• Converting course documents to properly -formatted HTML for online delivery
• Selecting and manipulating appropriate contextual multimedia elements
• Creating narrated video introductions for each e-learning course
• Creating contextual interactive elements to support e-learning
• Maintaining internal library of images, video, and audio assets
• Keeping up to date with latest online technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and new software/resources that may streamline the development process
Internship pays $18/hr and is 30 hours/wk.
Additional skills that would be desirable, but not necessary, include:
• PHP and MySQL
• Experience with Adobe Premiere, SoundBooth and Flash
• Previous experiencing experience designing e-learning
• General knowledge of safety regulations, environmental laws, health topics, EMS services, fire suppression, and/or law enforcement topics.