Digital Media InternBookmark This
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionPalindrome Media is an exciting e-book publishing start-up located right on the border of Santa Monica Venice Beach on Main Street. We’re looking for 2-3 enthusiastic current college students or recent graduates interested in interning to help create, distribute and market next generation digital media: eBooks, narrative mobile games and interactive books.
RequirementsAlong with basic administrative responsibilities, interns will learn how to run the online and social media component of a publicity and marketing campaign for a newly published eBook series.
· Familiarity and enthusiasm for the entertainment industry a must. We create stories first and foremost, and seek interns who seek to learn how to marry their creative interests with business.
· Passion or interest in young adult fiction (everything from The Hunger Games to Gossip Girl) preferred.
· Passion for technology and the potential for next generation games and stories.
· An understanding of the eBook space (Amazon’s Kindle, Apple’s iBooks, Nook, Kobo)
· An interest in marketing, strategy and business development.
· Availability: 2-3 days/week in the office or can work from home. We hope to at least check in with you on a regular basis.
· Ability to work as a team player and take the initiative.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel preferred. Also, a willingness to learn excel a must; Excel will make your internship a lot easier.
· Complete understanding of social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pintrest, YouTube etc.) and how to utilize them for site growth. Knowledge of analytics is a plus.