Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
An Atlanta based bimonthly magazine is in need of editorial interns, writers and editors. WRITERS: fashion, film, music, art, culture, health, beauty, books. I am also looking to fill the following positions: FASHION EDITOR, CULTURE EDITOR, MUSIC & FILM EDITOR, BEAUTY EDITOR,TRAVEL EDITOR. All editors must be able to edit, write and assign stories. All candidates must be able to complete the following:
Can go out on assignments in the evenings/weekends
Have an interest in writing web content
Have published clips (school newspapers/website are appropriate)
Editorial interns and editors must live in Atlanta, GA and must be able to attend weekly editorial meetings.
Along with your submission, please give me a snapshot into who you are along with relevant experience. Also include why you think you would be a great addition as well as 3 story ideas in the editorial section you are intersted in.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
- Knowledge of Wordpress and experience with how to post stories, upload photos and videos.