Video/Mulitmedia InternMN DOC
Web Designer and Media ConsultantRestart, Inc
Internship for Students Interested In Business, Politics, Journalism, Entertainment or Media ArtsUnderground Network
Media Intern Video Editing for a TV SHOW (Brindiamo)OK PRODUCTIONS LLC
Spring, Summer, Fall - Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive credit - MediaPES
CARIBBEAN & URBAN MULTI-MEDIA COMPANY LOOKING FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2017 INTERNS!Established in 88
Television Production Internship In AtlantaFGTV
Video EditorSeattle Web Search
Magazine Food Desk InternshipBookmark This
Northern Virginia Magazine
14901 Bogle Drive, Suite 307
Posted: November 04 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNorthern Virginia Magazine, a monthly regional lifestyle, seeks highly motivated candidates to manage assorted editorial and administrative tasks, related to food and the dining scene.
This position is unpaid, however, upon completion interns will amass quality writing samples and learn the inner workings of the magazine industry. Candidates must be available for at least 20 hours per week, although scheduling is flexible between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample to Dining Editor at fooddesk_AT_northernvirginiamag.com.
Note which session you are applying for.
Spring session runs January through mid-May.
Summer session runs mid-May through mid- to late-August.
Fall session runs mid- to late-August through end of December.
ResponsibilitiesEditorial interns will:
• Support section editor with food / drink / hospitality coverage
• Write articles for print and blog posts on Gut Check
• Update and maintain events calendar and online restaurant guide
• Communicate with local restaurants, chefs and retailers
• Attend and report local food and drink events
• Other ongoing projects as assigned
RequirementsEditorial intern candidates must:
• Interest in food and drink trends and news in the Northern Virginia dining scene
• Journalism, communications or English majors preferred
• Familiarity with AP Style Manual
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel / data entry procedures
• Familiarity with blogging and social media
• Sharp attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and a self-starter
• Loves a good brainstorming session and can think creatively, very quickly
• Bonus: Above-average photographic (and editing) abilities
• Bonus: Video-making and video-editing abilities