Latinitas Editorial & Multimedia InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionLatinitasMagazine.com is the first digital magazine by and for Latina youth. Latinitas is a dedicated to being a strong voice for young Latinas, telling the stories of our community and serving as a forum for self-expression. This national award-winning online magazine is currently recruiting college interns to serve as magazine writers and editors of our on-line magazine. From quinces to fashion, advice to volunteering, college to mentoring, dating to entertainment, and wellness to culture, Latinitas focuses on topics related to being a Latina teen today with a Latina power theme. College students who are interested in developing their writing and multimedia skills and getting published in LatinitasMagazine.com are invited to apply.
Responsibilities• Commit 5 hours per week
• Submit regular feature stories
• Maintain regular blogs on mylatinitas.com
• Participate in monthly surveys on mylatinitas.com to give us ideas for future topics
• Actively participate in our online community (post comments, respond to forum questions)
• Participate in conference calls or Skype calls with the Latinitas team per year
• Assist with editing the work of peers
• Create multimedia projects for mylatinitas (videos, podcasts, photo essays, slideshows)
• Conduct interviews and gather quotes for feature stories
• Write advice columns
• Participate in writing contests
• Provide feedback on story ideas
RequirementsIf you are interested in a career in media or journalism, want to develop your writing skills, want to make a difference and want to get published, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. We have plenty of opportunities to fill your portfolio while having a lot of fun and helping girls at the same time! We offer meaningful and fulfilling experience for several interests and academic backgrounds. This position is recommended for students with a major in Journalism, English or Communications. We offer for-credit internships. This is a non-paid intern position, but the experience is priceless. The ideal intern will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Interns should be enthusiastic, organized, resourceful, and creative. We are looking for a self-starter who is able to work independently and is willing to take advantage of this opportunity to develop their professional skills. Bilingual volunteers are encouraged to apply. Interns must be computer literate, demonstrating proficiency with Microsoft Office and internet navigation. Video editing, photography, Website and graphic design experience is a plus. Training will be given as necessary.
To apply for an internship, complete our online internship application: http://laslatinitas.com/volunteer/internships