Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo) [Assistant Editor]Bookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionAn online video magazine catered to serving stories that matter to a millennial audience is seeking post-production interns. Interns will work with a team of producers and videographers to edit microdocumentaries featuring ordinary people who impact the world by living out their passion and purpose.
Interns will work a flexible on-call schedule, receiving material to edit within a specified turnaround time according to availability. The successful candidates will work with original HQ content and have the opportunity to gain professional editing skills. This is a great opportunity to work with a small capable team to enhance a specific and coveted skill set.
Applicants should submit a brief cover letter, resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company will happily work with universities or other learning institutions to provide academic credit if requested.
Responsibilities- Contribute as an assistant editor or offline editor to digitize, archive and log footage
- Use existing original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Assist in the post-production process from storyboarding to editing and publishing
- Publish videos to the web
Requirements- Have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and archive