Philly Beer Week - Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Bookmark This
Philly Beer Week
DescriptionPhilly Beer Week is a 10-day celebration of the Best Beer-Drinking City in America.
Established in 2008, it’s the largest beer celebration of its kind in America, featuring hundreds of festivals, dinners, tours, pub crawls, tastings and meet-the-brewer nights to area bars, restaurants and other locations throughout Greater Philadelphia.
Since its inception, nearly 100 other cities worldwide have copied Philadelphia’s success to launch their own beer weeks.
Philly Beer Week highlights the region’s diverse beer scene – its world-class breweries, neighborhood taverns, trend-setting restaurants and rich beer culture and history. Philly Beer Week draws thirsty beer fans from throughout the region and beyond, making it one of Philadelphia’s key annual tourism events.
Philly Beer Week is organized and operated by Philly Beer Week Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(6) organization overseen by a board comprised of brewery owners, distributors, restaurant owners and others, to promote Philadelphia’s beer and hospitality industries.
Philly Beer Week is seeking photography/video/media interns with a good eye for composing and with the capability of taking candid photos. We are looking for enthusiastic photographers who can interact with the crowd and always "capture the moment". Must have own equipment (DSLR camera and flash a must!) as well as a great social skills and an inviting personality. A good intern seizes opportunities and this internship will allow you to build your portfolio. At Philly Beer Week we always encourage creativity and will be able to show this through your art.
Skills & Qualifications:
. Must be 21+ years in age
• Must be earning or have earned a degree in the field of Digital Photography (or other media studies)
• Must be able to present photo samples upon request
. Internship will take place in the Philadelphia,PA area and must be able to travel within 50 mile radius
• Must have good turnaround delivery time
• An interest and knowledge in the craft beer revolution
• Must be able to take direction well but also be able to take initiative when needed
. Must have a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
* Internship not limited to students*
Please include a resume as well as a portfolio when applying for this Internship.
Responsibilities- Assist in all aspects of video and photographic communications and contribute to planning and storyboarding
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing
- Film video and shoot photographs in studio and field environments
- Record desktop computer screens and actions for demo and training videos
- Use existing original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
Requirements- Have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment