Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Bookmark This
DescriptionAbout My Green Birmingham:
My Green Birmingham is Birmingham’s most trusted online resource for everything green living related. Our site appeals to a great variety of readers-many of whom have sought us out in hopes of learning more about living a greener lifestyle here in Birmingham. Our readers want to stay informed with local green related events, sustainability practices, politics, and other community developments that help them stay connected to our region’s positive growth. We do our best to publish content that informs and educates, yet also inspires action.
We are seeking an intern to join our team to assist in media development. Our website has plans to release a new site design in the summer of 2013, as well as expand to other locations. We are in the process of developing a more robust video presence on our website to tell the story of the local green movement.
The intern may work remotely based on access to required equipment or may work at our office in Innovation Depot, a community work space.
Responsibilities- Assist in all aspects of video and photographic communications and contribute to planning and storyboarding
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing
- Film video and shoot photographs in studio and field environments
- Record desktop computer screens and actions for demo and training videos
- Use existing original and stock footage to produce new videos
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
Requirements- Have an interest in environmental and community causes
- Have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment