Media Intern (Photo/Video)Bookmark This
DescriptionJamaicans.com invites aspiring Photography/Video professionals to join one of the Caribbean’s most visited and dynamic websites as an intern.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable in event & journalistic photography, social media, public relations, and website management experience . Interns will receive “by-line” credit for their work and have media accreditation access to events. Candidates must have excellent verbal communication skills and be computer & Internet proficient. Experience with photography for internet publication is preferred. Scheduling is flexible, allowing for the Interns to match their school schedule with our needs.
Jamaicans.com is one of the world’s leading websites covering news, travel, culture and politics in Jamaica and the Caribbean. Averaging 178,000 unique visitors per month from all over the world, Jamaicans.com is the online information gateway to Jamaica and the Caribbean.
Responsibilities- Attend, take and edit photography/video for Caribbean events (festivals/concerts etc) for use on our website and social media.
- Support staff with organizing, archiving, promoting and producing featured photos
- Publish videos/photos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
Requirements- Have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment