Media Intern (Video/Photo)Bookmark This
Young Hot and Modern Magazine
New Brunswick, NJ
DescriptionYoung Hot & Modern is committed to providing interns with hands on experience with journalism, media, public relations, and marketing platforms. At YHM, interns have the opportunity to create vibrant new sections to the upcoming magazine and craft their skills. Prospective interns should have a keen interest in the media industry.
It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Interns must be available to intern for a full-time schedule for the entirety of the program from January to May. A minimum of 5 hours per week will be devoted to the internship.
Responsibilities- Assist journalists with finding stock images
- Organize video and photo shoots
- Film video and shoot photographs in studio and field environments
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Publish videos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
Requirements- Have the potential to deliver videos and photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment