Online Editorial InternshipBookmark This
Northern Virginia Magazine
14104 Newbrook Drive, Suite 100
DescriptionAre you a tech-savvy creative looking to jumpstart your career in new media? Do you want to learn the ins and outs of how magazine meets web? Northern Virginia Magazine is searching for a part-time intern who can juggle a wide range of editorial tasks.
This position is unpaid, however, upon completion interns will amass quality writing samples and learn the inner workings of the magazine industry. Candidates must be available for at least 20 hours per week, although scheduling is flexible between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample to editorial_at_northernvirginiamag.com.
ResponsibilitiesEditorial interns will:
• Prepare and publish editorial copy to website via WordPress
• Manage and prepare stock photos for online web content
• Assist with photography, video shooting and editing
• Assist with content and editing of email newsletters and promotions
• Oversee day-to-day responsibilities of online contests, surveys and polls
• Invent creative ways to connect with audience via social media
• Track and analyze website and social media performance statistics
• Manage monthly online events calendars
• Write culture blogs and occasional pieces for print publication
RequirementsEditorial intern candidates must:
• Strong knowledge of AP Style and understanding of English grammar
• Knowledge of WordPress content management system and html
• Tech- & social media-savvy
• Competency in Adobe Photoshop
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver & Premiere a plus