PART TIME ART ADMINISTRATION INTERNSHIPBookmark This
African Diaspora Film Festival
535 Cathedral Parkway - St 14B
New York, NY
DescriptionArtMattan Productions was founded in 1993 with the mission of promoting Afrocentric cultures. With several components in its program of activities, ArtMattan Productions is the center of operations of ArtMattan Films – its film distribution arm (Kirikou and the Sorceress; Congo: White King, Red Rubber, Black Death; Jews of Egypt; Tango Negro: The African Roots of Tango), The African Diaspora International Film Festival (ADIFF in New York, Chicago, Washington DC and Paris, France) and African Diaspora Films in the Classroom, a program developed in collaboration with Teachers College, Columbia University.
More information at www.AfricanFilm.com and www.NYADIFF.org.
PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNSHIP
Provide support to ArtMattan Productions day to day operations
- Fulfillment of orders (package and send out prints and DVDs using post office, Fedex).
- Update mailing lists, e-mails lists and web sites;
- Enhance e-mail and mailing list databases using internet to secure data
- Participate in film promotional campaigns (e-mail blasts, design and mailing of distribution catalog and/or flyers), create lists of new potential customers and make sales calls
- Answer phone, respond to inquiries about films, send out screeners, filing
- Attend screenings and special events organized by ArtMattan Films and by other companies to help promote and/or sale ArtMattan films and to look for new films.
- Run errands and perform other tasks as needed
AFRICAN DIASPORA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Provide administrative and marketing support to the African Diaspora International Film Festival
- Send out communication to filmmakers
- Perform various data processing duties (festival catalog, web site, fliers, etc)
- Participate in audience development initiatives to promote ADIFF activities on an ongoing basis. (flier design, flier distribution, online listings, facebook and twitter postings)
ResponsibilitiesApplicant must be based in New York City.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in cultures of people of African descent. Film background a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Second language a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate ideas with clarity and to establish effective working relationships with diverse groups of clients and colleagues, ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, research and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to desk top publishing, video editing, web design
- High level of productivity
- Positive attitude towards life
- Comfortable talking in public and good presentation a must
- Willingness to watch a minimum of one film per week on own time
- Willingness to volunteer outside of office hours to support ADIFF / ArtMattan Films events