Program/Office/Production Coordinator INTERN for GLOBALGIRLBookmark This
Gallery 37, 66 E Randolph ST 4th fl.
Start Date: Immediate – min. 10 week commitment
Apx15 – 20 hours a week (most work can be done from home)
Currently a non-paid position and open to college credit. Internship provides the right candidate great experience and opportunities to network
CONTACT: Tobie Loomis New Programs Director and GGM Chicago Director firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 310 924 4050
GLOBALGIRL MEDIA (GGM) is an award winning organization that develops the voice and self-expression of teenage girls in under-served communities by training them to become citizen journalists, harnessing the power of new digital media to inspire social activism and change. The existing gender gap in media, particularly new media, obstructs the ability of women and girls’ to influence change at local and global levels. By linking young women locally and internationally with seasoned reporters, educators and mentors, GGM empowers girls to make media that matters, cultivates new leaders, improves media literacy, and encourages the promotion of healthier media messages about girls and women. It's more than an educational project it is a worldwide vision and movement where young women’s lives, their families and communities are being significantly transformed by our training. Since 2010 GGM has trained 180 young women in three countries: United States, Morocco and South Africa, produced over 200 videos and 300 blogs, and forged partnerships with over 200 trans-media outlets, including web, broadcast, broadband, radio and print.
Responsibilities• Assistance in all office/program duties as needed, including, but not limited to, office management/correspondence, organization, maintaining email and contact lists updates, manage dropbox folders, scheduling, light accounting/budgets, calendars, general office assistance
• Coordinating correspondence and selection of GGM candidates/students in local locations for GGM’s summer training of new reporters
• Social Media oversight,/some posting on Face Book, Twitter, Instagram and FaceBook management, Blogs
• Some video production assistance, supporting crew/reporters on shoots, supervising girls, some writing of voice over/questions in preparation of stories/videos/podcasts etc.
• Board and Staff meeting preparations/agendas/minutes and management
• Some grants/funding coordinating including: research/strategies and writing for (foundations, individual, corporate sponsors, in-kind donations, on-line crowd source funding, event and community fundraising)
Requirements• Bachelor's degree (BA) or greater from a four-year college or university preferred. Current college student will be considered
• Quick learner, efficient, reliable, self-starter, super organized, energetic, background in media/communications/journalism/non profit or business
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Must be proficient on MAC: Word, Excel, Quickbooks,
• Sensitive and patient in working with youth/teenaged girls representing diverse cultures, ethnicities, languages, and abilities
• Some experience and interest in using new media tools to support youth media production and distribution
• Ability to use effective and persuasive speech and writing in instruction, presentations, meetings, and site visits