Public Relations ManagerBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
5858 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionCompany: Green Lifestyles Network (GLN)
Work Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Executive Director, Board Chair & Founder
Collaborates with: All department and manager level volunteers
Time Commitment: Part time Volunteer
Green Lifestyles Network, is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization, and is looking for a Public Relations Manager to help us reach our goals. This is a unique opportunity to hone and develop your Public Relations Manager’s skills to make a lasting impact within our organization. The Public Relations Manager will contribute to advancing the organization by enhancing the image and distinctive identity foremost through the media. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Board Chair and Communications Director, the Public Relations Manager will works directly and creatively with the Executive Director, to help communicate the organization’s mission and identity by providing news and information through verbal, written and electronic communications and works to continually establish and maintain relationships with media.
Responsibilities• Develop overall key message points to solidify the organization’s reputation in the media
• Research and develop story ideas for external press through meetings with the founder, the ED and our Communications Director
• Develop and maintain wide list of media contacts
• Write press releases and pitch stories to external press
• Respond to incoming media calls by providing timely and accurate information
• Attend organization events and serves as liaison to the media
RequirementsEducation, Experience :
Seeking a creative, results-orientated, communications professional with bachelor’s degree in journalism,
communications, English or related field; masters preferred; 3-5years+ experience in media relations or
public relations would be a big plus but if you are just building your experience then you must have a
passion for the industry and be extremely dependable ; excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills;
an understanding of non-profit issues or at least the unabridged curiosity to study and learn this; the ability
to work successfully on multiple projects; the ability to work as part of team and the capacity to perform
effectively under pressure.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media as well as branding.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
• You must be willing to learn and use non aggressive communication which is the culture of Green Lifestyles Network. (you will receive training in this)
• Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to pro-actively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required
• You will be in charge of our PR Volunteers/Interns