Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Tiffany Terrell Consulting, LLC
Production Intern for Television ProgrammingConnecticut Public Television
EDITORIAL & PRODUCTION INTERNOrganic Spa Magazine
Awesome Media/Video Internship!JYRNO: Online Journalism HUB
Incredible Video Internship! (Work from home!)JYRNO: Online Journalism HUB
Rockstar PR, Media & Communication InternBookmark This
251 High Street
Palo Alto, CA
DescriptionbSafe is the app that keeps you and your loved ones safe every day. It has already saved lives, and is backed by among others Hollywood celebrity Jada Pinkett Smith. Company was started in Norway by Entrepreneur of the Year, Young Global Leader of WEF, Top20 Nordic Business Thinker and mother-of-three Silje Vallestad, and relocated to Silicon Valley a year ago after building a strong media brand in home market with founder as a leading media figure.
bSafe has recently launched a brand new version of the bSafe app, and is now looking for a full time PR, Media and Communication intern to help build the same solid brand in the US as has been done in the Nordics. The right person will be given both much freedom and much responsibility to develop PR strategies, build media relations, run social media channels and be the “company’s voice” in how we present ourselves on homepage, in blogs, through press releases etc. Excellent writing skills as well as social skills are required. The person will be our founder’s right hand, and may be required to travel with her.
Ideal candidate is a recent graduate seeking a kick-start to his/her career in a fast growing start-up with celebrity endorsement and a PR friendly mission. This is an opportunity to build a name for yourself in Silicon Valley, to work closely with and shadow one of the most dynamic entrepreneurs in the Valley.
Internship is paid, and a shared intern apartment close to office is available as part of compensation package. Ideally the intern can start immediately, but we are willing to wait for the right candidate.
Twitter: @getbsafe and @bsafesilje
Responsibilities- Participate in developing PR Strategies (press and social media)
- Act as buffer and media advisor and assistant to founder
- Pitch media and organize interviews
- Write press releases, blog posts, content for newsletters and homepage content
- Run social media channels
- Compile and update media lists and targets
- Develop media coverage reports
- Archive press materials
- Media surveillance
- Event & conference assistance
- Provide research support to team members
- Oversee market research
Ultimately, this position is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms, as well as to make sure the team is kept up to date on market research and developments to be able to make the best business decisions.
Requirements- Passion for PR, media relations and marketing
- Social media savvy!!! Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc
- Ideally in-depth knowledge of media production and media pitching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer savvy, proficient in office procedures, and have excellent phone skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and follow complex instructions.
- Self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, passion and strong work ethic
- Persistent, calm under pressure, outgoing, entrepreneurial, driven and a natural leader
- Desire to make an impact in a company and not just stand on the sidelines and take orders
- Ability to support multiple staff members with different short term and long term assignments
- Capacity to work in fast paced office
We are seeking an enthusiastic intern who will invest time and energy into an award-winning software startup on a mission to make people everywhere safer with the use of mobile technology. We care more about the candidate’s aptitude and attitude than their experience level. The ideal candidate stays up to date on current local, national and world news and enjoys writing, brainstorming new ideas, and the challenges and rewards of interacting with the media.