San Francisco City Writer and Tech WriterBookmark This
Ask Miss A
DescriptionAre you interested in journalism and writing? Apply to be a columnist at AskMissA.com. One of the largest and fastest growing online destinations, Ask Miss A has over 1.2 million unique readers annually. It covers the intersection of charity and style topically and geographically in 21 cities and is the go-to resource for charity and lifestyle in the United States with 30 editors and 300 writers across the country. We are currently seeking writers for two divisions:
- City writers to write about charity and the arts in San Francisco. City writers also cover local nonprofits, businesses and brands which give back to the community.
- Tech writers who will write about the latest innovations in technology (nationwide).
Both positions are fabulous opportunities to get your writing out there and learn important journalistic skills. You will have the chance to attend events that you cover and network with professionals in fields ranging from fashion to food to technology.
ResponsibilitiesWriters are responsible for producing at least 1-2 quality articles per week, depending on the division.
The writer will communicate and coordinate with their respective editor and team members, and they will have the opportunity to attend events when appropriate.
RequirementsApplying to Write for Miss A
If you are passionate about charity and the arts and eager to write weekly, please send the following:
1) A short 200 word bio (to be used on the website if selected)
2) 2-3 Samples of your writing or 2-3 completed stories for potential publication at Miss A (please choose two to three samples of your best work, rather than sending a link with various posts.)
3) A brief outline of your goals and story ideas as a city or topical writer for Miss A and how you plan to achieve those goals.
4) Let us know the extent of your network. Eg: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google + following, name recognition in the city, large amount of monthly visitors to your blog, etc.
5) Information on what volunteer work you’ve done, and what charities are nearest and dearest to your heart.