Video Editorial InternBookmark This
Rubin Museum of Art
150 W 17th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionVideo Editorial Intern:
Commitment: Approximately 15-20 hours/week – regular daytime office hours plus some nights and weekends for events – for a minimum of five months.
Semesters: Winter/Spring from early January through the end of May 2014
Description: The Programming department seeks a qualified and highly-motivated intern to assist with the preparation of video content from public programs for use in media, social media, and for distribution. The intern will watch videos of on-stage conversations, time-code the most promising editorial content, note technical problems, and pull quotes for reference. They may also attend live programs to take notes. They will update a database of films, coordinate a planning calendar, write program descriptions, and edit clips on occasion for use in publicity.
Rubin Museum of Art Overview:
Rubin Museum of Art is home to a comprehensive collection of art from the Himalayas and surrounding regions. Through changing exhibitions and an array of engaging public programs, the Rubin Museum offers opportunities to explore the artistic legacy of the Himalayan region and to appreciate its place in the context of world cultures. For more information, please visit: www.rmanyc.org
Interns in all museum departments are invited to participate in several group activities per semester:
• Brown-bag lunches: staff guests discuss their jobs as well as their educational, professional, and artistic backgrounds allowing interns to learn about various museum departments and careers.
• Private tours of NYC cultural organizations: these trips are designed to expose interns to the broader New York City arts world, as well as the field of Himalayan studies. Past tours have included: Asia Society, ICP, Latse Contemporary Tibetan Cultural Library, and CUE Art Foundation.
All internships are unpaid. Academic requirements may be fulfilled by arrangement with the individual college or university. Rubin Museum interns receive the following benefits:
• Free admission at museums across the country
• 25% discount on most items at Serai, the Rubin Museum's shop and café
• Free admission to Rubin Museum programs when/if available
• Invitation to an annual appreciation event
How to apply:
Applicants are encouraged to apply for up to three internships (descriptions follow). Please write a one-page cover letter which specifies (1) which internships you are applying for, (2) your relevant qualifications, (3) your interest in the Rubin Museum of Art, and (4) your availability (days/times).
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Coordinator, Internship Program