Video Intern - Spring/Summer 2015Bookmark This
33 Flying Point Road - Suite 205
DescriptionCome join the Hamptons' leading online media company!
Hamptons.com is accepting applications from intelligent and energetic college students and graduates with excellent video skills for its video internship programs.
Interns work on a part-time, unpaid basis for three to five months and receive highly practical experience in story conceptualization, critical reading and analysis, research, fact checking, editorial writing and collaborative work as part of the general workings of a national new media publication. Each intern works closely with an editor on one section of the magazine, takes part in the creation of the publication’s contents, and is encouraged to generate ideas and creatively contribute to the overall concept.
College credit available, coordinated with your university or college internship program. If you are interested in working for Hamptons.com as a Video Intern, you will emerge from the program with several real-world tools toward securing of employment at Hamptons.com or another new media publication.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to creating and developing original articles on a weekly basis, photography of various events, photo management, layout assistance, assorted production details, contributions to social networking and marketing efforts, production and administrative support. Video Interns will be responsible for the shooting, editing, and delivering a final product. When assisting lead videopgrahper, Video interns will set up and break down video equipment, manage second camera and microphones, shoot and edit video as necessary, coordinate talent. Video Interns will also post videos online to various sources.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate must...
- Live within easy commute of the East End area, car and camera required.
- Have a clear knowledge of the inner workings of a new media editorial department.
- Be interested in a collaborative experience in working with editorial team members.
- Adaptability in research, conceptualization and writing style to suit a niche demographic.
- Applicants must be able to present a portfolio of polished, actual editorial contribution.
- Computer, editing, and camera skills a must, experience with PhotoShop and iMovie a plus.