- Internships /
- Media /
- Unpaid Accounting and Contract Internship in the Finance department at American Public Television
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Culture Trip
Videographer InternshipUnited Food and Commercial Workers International Union
Marketing InternVERTIKAL Alliance International
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)VERTIKAL Alliance International
Editorial / Journalism InternVERTIKAL Alliance International
Social Media & Community Management InternVERTIKAL Alliance International
Unpaid Accounting and Contract Internship in the Finance department at American Public TelevisionBookmark This
American Public Television
55 Summer Street
Posted: August 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
American Public Television (APT) has been a leading distributor of high-quality, top-rated programming to the nation’s public television stations since 1961. APT also has distributed about half of the top 100 highest-rated public television titles for 10+ years. Among its 300 new program titles per year, APT programs include prominent documentaries, news and current affairs programs, dramas, how-to programs, children’s series and classic movies. APT also licenses programs internationally through its APT Worldwide service. Now in its 11th year, Create® TV—featuring the best of public television's lifestyle programming—is distributed by APT. APT is also a partner in WORLD™, public television’s premier news, science and documentary channel. To find out more about APT’s programs and services, visit APTonline.org.
RequirementsUnpaid Contracts & Accounting internship in the Finance Department for credit can involve some or all of the following projects:
• Legal research of subject matter pertaining to television, media, contracts, FCC regulations, copyright and trademark.
• Preparing formal papers and presentations on researched matters.
• Creating spreadsheets to organize data.
• Cue sheet follow-up, record in database, file.
• Administrative work in managing contract files.
• Prepare e-mail and letter correspondence.
• Collect ancillary revenue reports and payment; contact producers.
• Collect contact information for PTV accounting staff and update database.
• Assist with data entry for audit schedules and workpapers.
• Assist with design and creation of accounting forms and templates.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office including Excel, Lotus Notes, Internet proficiency
We ask that students be available to work 15 or more hours per week, for at least the duration of a semester.
To apply for this position send cover letter and resume to rosemary_marbach@APTonline.org. No phone calls please!